im hemi-less

tim berry

Reaction score
any body that have an lx body car knows that your gonna have to folow the owners manual closely . in all my years i have never had spark plugs go bad and make a car stall at speed (60 +mph ) and not throw codes this car has 46k the book says replace them at 30 k close enough i thought but wrong again . all i see in the future is more bills for parts that were engineered wrong tie rod ends replaced at 43k (very common) ect. im gonna miss the mangnum r/t but isold it this morning so im in the market for any dodge pu that is in very good shape from the years 1977-1993 must have air or the right price and two wheel drive with a short bed dont care about color or motor but must be rust free and low miles thanks for your help will travel for the right truck and finders fee

slant6billy

Reaction score
I've heard numerous stories about the new generation rear wheel drive cars from mopars line up 300, magnum, charger and challenger. Tie rods and other stuff. Shame on them for probably purposely marketing a replacement parts scheme. I thought GM was the madmen who did that stuff. As for your search for a dodge pickup, good luck. I too, would like to find a 3/4 ton ext cab diesel 91-93 or 94 to 97. I do have my 97 2 wheel drive dodge SS/T with 80 K. I am the original owner and keep it under a cover in the garage, if you want to venture to that body style. The only reason I'm looking to part ways with it: Can't fit my wife and 3 kids in it all at once.

tim berry

Reaction score
here is the total story with these cars the way i understand it tie rods (inner and outer ) any where from 8k to 50k miles replacement required 100$ per side without labor using moog parts ,dog bones covered under the extended warentee rack and pinion had play in it was told that normal (not for 47k miles) spark plugs 1000$ ( 200$ deductible 400$to replace all 16 they had it apart 400 for rental for a week and a half paid the bill and sold the car to the dealer for 12k walked with a check for 2 k . the reason i decided to pull the pin is the bills that were forth comming, tires ,trans flush rea r end service ect. another 2k before winter set in . the car was in the sweet spot for deprecation so time to say good bye .

Last edited:
Back