Interior Ideas...

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I was messing around at FBBO today and came across a post I made from 2014 or 2015 that had a link to my old Photobucket account and, HOLY COW! IT WORKED!
So I found a couple of old shots of my 76 Cordoba's gauge panel and what I did w it. Nothing ground-breaking... just some hammertone copper paint, a little airbrushed "patina", and a silver paint pen to highlight. The 70s wood steering wheel was given to me by a friend who expected me to use it as garage-wall art... I installed it and LOVED it (even tho it was all wrong, the dish was too deep)
IMAG0295.jpg
This shot is of the 2-gauge panel that I hogged-out and put in mechanical oil and water gauges. The toggle switch extensions are from a big rig trucker supply store. They're chromed plastic but if you scuff em a little some of the underlying copper plating shows...
IMAG0291.jpg

The SW fuel and vac gauge and the a/f meter are in an aluminum block-off panel that I made for the radio opening. I happen to consider a vacuum gauge a much more relevant gauge than a voltmeter or ammeter and always install one... somewhere. The a/f (stoichiometric) reader requires an O2 sensor be installed to work, but it's a fantastic tuning tool.

BTW... the wing nuts were purely asthetics. I was originally shooting for a vintage road-racer/warbird vibe on a budget... hence the unecessarily large switchgear and lights, big mechanical gauges, allen head bolts (black oxide that immediately rusted to the same color as the "patina'd" copper paint... not planned), etc.

Last edited:
Back