It's coming together slowly

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I've stared at that page probably a hundred times by now..if I had 302s, I would've probably followed that to a T. The estimated 1/4 time, I got from a buddy of mine..who had this same engine combo, but smaller tires and 2.7 gear, and raced his often. He estimated with my bigger tires and 2.9s, that's where I'd be. Ultimately, the 318 was built to have some fun while I searched and built a 360. Granted, now that I've got the 360, it's gonna wait. Interior/body is next. Still both get a chance to meet jasperjacko and pick up the K frame..just can't ever get the time or the truck to go get it. Then I'll build that on the bench, and then worry about the drivetrain. With access to a lift, I'll hopefully just be able to drop the whole driveline and replace it at once, with the new k frame.

Ok if you have looked at that page where does this put me as I can't work it out, 600 holley, performer intake, stock XX714 heads (they are the later XXX302 heads) cam is 204/214 and .421/.444 LSA 112 and some summit headers. I also have new electronic ignition and adjustable advance distributor.

http://www.dippy.org/forum2/index.php?topic=242.0

Looking at those street recipes I am around the 217hp mark??

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Modoba went from 14.1 with a 2.21 open rearend to a 13.7 with 3.55 sure grip. i was surprised that it is harder to launch with the 3.55 than the 2.21 open. I can't just nail it off the line or it will go up in smoke. I run 255-60-15 cooper cobra's on the rear. My best 60' time is only 1.98, just can't hook.

Back