Just the Facts

Justwondering

Reaction score
I've been futzing with the low hanging fruit on my 1987 Fifth Avenue since I joined last year. Learning as I go, asking lots and lots of questions.

Finally, I have enough gunk cleaned up that I have three new facts about the car:
1. The ever popular Fender Tag
IMG_4025.jpg

2. The equally exciting vacuum diagram conveniently located under the hood:
IMG_4023.jpg

3. The busted lower steering column cover:
IMG_4030.jpg

Apparently this has been cracked all along but I never noticed it had been reglued. The glue gave way when I opened the fuse access panel so I could check the a/c fuses. Notice the door also has a busted left corner.

Could someone tell me what the part number is for this lovely jewel?

There isn't currently a silver fifth avenue among the dead in the local bone yard. A lovely white one - also with a broken lower steering column cover.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I know there is another Texan here who might be able to help you, if you are not picky about color for that knee bolster panel.

Justwondering

Reaction score
War paint covers a host of sins.
I'm sure when I finally get to the dash plastic that it will have to be painted to get things in a similar color tone. Lots of darkening on some of the parts from heat distress I'm sure.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Need to know if yours has a right side mirror hole as well as an Amp button hole in it.

I would recommend dying it, before painting it (if same color is not found).

Justwondering

Reaction score
BudW,
It does have the hole for the right side mirror but I'd have to check for an amp button. Its in about 4 or 5 pieces now that have been previously cracked and glued.
I looked more carefully at the picture and it seems as if someone didn't know how to get it out and missed the two screws at the top recessed edge. Pulled until they got it out by breaking it.

Then decided to glue everything back together.

Haven't ever dyed any plastic, but if it works like my tie-dye shirts I'm up for trying once I find a better candidate.

Back