SOLD LA engine fabricated aluminum valve covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a pair of new chrome plated fabricated valve covers for 273/318/340/360 engines. These came with incorrect bolts that might work, so I will include them. Otherwise, you'll need 10 regular allen head bolts, 1/4" coarse thread, 4" long (readily available from hardware and parts stores). The bolts that came with them are allen head, but they're countersunk head. They did not come with grommets but I have a pair of new ones that I will include. I will also throw in a set of new gaskets since they do not come with any. They've never even been set on an engine and will come in the original packaging. It's hard to take good pics of these, since they're very shiny and even the slightest fingerprint looks like scuffing.

$125 + shipping.

P1130001.jpg

P1130001.jpg

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Are they heavier then the stamped steel ones?
Wondering how theyd look on my 5th

NoCar340

Reaction score
I haven't weighed them against one another, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were a bit heavier than stamped. However, the flanges are thick billet, which is much less susceptible to bending and deformation... and therefore, leaks. Plus, they look bitchin'. :icon_biggrin:

If anyone's wondering, yes, these have baffles under the breather and PCV holes to keep oil from being pushed or sucked directly out of the engine.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Im really considering them,even though im going for the most weight savings i can get
Desicions desicions

NoCar340

Reaction score
If it would make you feel better, I can weigh them versus the stamped steel OEM pair. I have quite a few of those lying around.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Well, I thought I had a bunch of valve covers lying around, but as it turns out I forgot about the last scrap run. I tossed all of 'em except the ones still bolted to my 360. However, in lifting one of these covers, I'm almost sure they're lighter than the steel ones and if not, it's really, really close.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
I forgot all about these lol
another thing that comes to mind looking at the pic, how much taller then the factory stamped steel ones are they? will they clear the brake booster in an M? I know the mopar performance ones need a fin trimmed to fit

NoCar340

Reaction score
I can measure the height vs. the stockers when I get home. They're definitely a blockier profile, so that's a solid question. I'll have to get a few pics with the tape measure... they may be the same height or lower, but being as square as they are they still might cause an issue since they're not tapered like the OE ones on the ends.

You should buy my grille, Mr. Lopar. :D

NoCar340

Reaction score
Well, trying to take pictures was a fool's errand, but I got some definitive data...

The fabricated covers are actually about half an inch shorter than the OE covers, if not more. This is good. However, they're also considerably wider, since they overlap the gasket flange almost to its edge and the bolts actually go through the fabricated covers, rather than on the edge of the flange. Probably a draw, really. I don't think that would cause an issue. However, the problem lies in the fact that the OE cover has a large clearance "dent" in it to clear the brake booster (this particular engine came out of a truck; I'm not sure of the comparison to the OE M-body covers). So, my guess is that it probably wouldn't clear. Unlike the MP ones, there's nothing to grind out of the way without making a hole. They are significantly shorter than my M/T covers, but those are B/RB which I think are taller anyhow by a little bit.

I really won't know for sure until I get the Imperial home. It won't be an issue on that car, since I'm dumping the power brakes in the recycle bin (I totally fail to see the point in power brakes) but I'll have a good basis of comparison.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Hmmm, i do a lil research myself n see if i make anything out

And whats this grille your talkin bout?

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
I love em, snd bought one, but got al bent up in the shipping prossess. Got a qoute to fix it and it was like $400, so i built my own custom grille

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
c'mon capt
you know when I get back up there and start workin on the cars again, there'll be LOTS of pics of everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back