LED bulbs for the taillights

Adrian-Hamburg

Reaction score
Hi !

I just got me some LED lamps from eggbay.

semilar to these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-C...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They are with multiple LEDs on it, so if one quit, the others still gave some light to save the tail of my car.

I also think they give more light than the old bulbs.

In Germany are these LED bulbs prohibited, but savety first !

How are You thinking about them ?

foto5469.jpg

By adrian_hamburg at 2011-06-07

Frankpeterson

Reaction score
Hi !

semilar to these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-C...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They are with multiple LEDs on it, so if one quit, the others still gave some light to save the tail of my car.

I also think they give more light than the old bulbs.

foto5469.jpg

By adrian_hamburg at 2011-06-07
It is hard to believe these lights are banned in Germany. But these lights looks very nice to me

Frankpeterson

Reaction score
Hi !

semilar to these:

I also think they give more light than the old
led.

It is strange these lights are banned in Germany. These lights looks nice from my side.

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Wonder why? But then again, the old "Blue dot" jewel on hot rod taillamps were a "No No" and police could razz you for them. Mainly the yearly inspection guy blasted you for them. A co-worker has a 1996 mustang and bought a sequential led kit for the 3 red panel tail lights on a 96 to 98 stang. These things are supposed to work like the early Merc Couger tails and pulse sequentially from the inside lens towards the outer corner. An E- bay kit for 20 to 30 bucks???? Well after a few weeks they stopped working... no light or sequence. Oddly enough the kit wired into just one socket on his original harness. He put back a regular incandescent bulb and the whole thing worked. A little more insight was the "Burden resistor" was crap and without current being pulled across those LEDs - no light. A lot of these efficient light tech stuff needs good ol' electric load to make it work. Perhaps this is why they don't like them.

Back