Look what I found today!

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This was parked out front of a small town Mopar dealer on my tool route. Not in bad shape. The quarters have been repaired at one time and the interior is in not bad shape. A /6 under the hood and 80,000 rounds on the odometer. tmm

050802951425[00].jpg

050802951425[01].jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Pretty cool that you'd see that on a dealer's lot these days.
Where's it located?

Last edited:

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
At Rouse Motors in Grundy Center, Iowa. Dang, not on their website.

efriedrich

Reaction score
I like those three spoke steering wheels, I wish my LeBaron had one like that.

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Its what you can find @ a lot of those small town dealerships. I used to deliver/transport new cars to alot of the small town dealers in Minn, Ia, ND, SD, and it wasnt surprising to see earlier iron @ these places... Most in decent shape as the one pictured, guessing they were usually a trade in from grandma's/pa's uncles aunts as inherited cars and want something "new"... No thanks i'll keep the stuff that doesnt take an ASE cert. to work on.... lol

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
I'm not a Volare eggspert.
I'm guessing...'73?...'74?.....

Ya me neither even tho I have one...lol its NOT a 76 tho... (i have that one) Maybe eric will/can enlighten us...:icon_jook:

edit: hmmm now that I looked @ a few sales brochures I'd guess a '77... Looks like the second pic down in that thread....

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Ya me neither even tho I have one...lol its NOT a 76 tho... (i have that one) Maybe eric will/can enlighten us...:icon_jook:

edit: hmmm now that I looked @ a few sales brochures I'd guess a '77... Looks like the second pic down in that thread....

I think you're right (or closer than I was)
The door handles, dash pad and vent and glove box position is pretty much identical to my '78.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
It could be a 76 or 77. The bumpers tell you that it ain't any older. Otherwise it would have bumperetts and possibly a rubber strip.

Jonno

Reaction score
Looks like the upgraded "Premier" package too with the Opera vinyl roof, side moulding and upgraded interior including the nice steering wheel Eric is lusting after.

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the upgraded "Premier" package too with the Opera vinyl roof, side moulding and upgraded interior including the nice steering wheel Eric is lusting after.

Yep it was a Premier . tmm

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score

Pretty sure Friedrich was the one lusting after the wheel.

efriedrich

Reaction score
Thats the cool thing about FMJ bodies, there are still nice ones to be had with out blowing your life savings.

ramenth

Reaction score
Thats the cool thing about FMJ bodies, there are still nice ones to be had with out blowing your life savings.

Yup. And the cost to build the engine, suspension, trans, etc is about the same as any other Mopar. Used parts can be a bear to find if you need body parts, but when you start off with something clean that costs a 1/4 of the price of a rusted out E or B and about half the price of a clean A then it's a win-win.

Back