Looking for A999 rebuild kit.

Efful

Reaction score
Hello y’all, back here again. This time I’m looking to rebuild my blown transmission, A 1979 Plymouth volare D32 A999 transmission and I can’t seem to find anything for it, could anyone provide a link to a rebuild kit, I’m also looking to build the engine to 400HP. transmission upgrades to if any are known, thank you guys!

Locomotion

Reaction score
If you're tempted to make some more performance changes, keep in mind that your transmission may use a lock-up converter which doesn't interchange with "regular" converters.

Lock-up input shaft is on the right.

1692012185154.png

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
@Locomotion has an excellent point: if you want 400hp you might need to run a higher stall torque converter, which would need to be compatible with the lock-up transmission feature. Not impossible, but you will need the converter shop to be aware of this when they custom bulid you that piece. It might be a little more $$$, but most custom parts already are a little extra!

Camtron

Reaction score
I just dropped a high-stall converter into my A-999 when I did my 5.9 Magnum swap.
Got it from this fella. Works real nice so far but, I only have about 400ish miles and a handful of hits on it so far.

Chrysler Dodge Torque Converter 12-H

Back