Looking for car cover recommendations

OLDIRON

Reaction score
Oldiron -- do you have any problems with packrats, mice or snakes? JW

No, not yet. Probably because we have three monster size owls and two large aggressive hawks residing in the tree's close to the cars on these 3 acres.
Wasp can be a bit of a surprise if I let one sit too long.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Maybe, but I don't think so. It doesn't puddle water and we had an hour of 60 mph straight line wind last month. No problem.
The usual method of roof reinforcement is to run ratchet straps from side pipe to side pipe over the car to truss the roof.
The plastic top can be drawn as tight as you want with rachet traps and side ground pipes that come in the box.
Makes for a good no touch umbrella. It's nice to be able to mess with the car without de-topping. The cars dry out and stay dry way. Car temp is WAY down.
Just go for it and blame it on me if you don't like it.
$189 till 8/27 with coupon.
Think about this, what are you going to find under a fitted car cover after a couple of years?

View attachment 50717
View attachment 50716

View attachment 50720

View attachment 50721

View attachment 50722

View attachment 50723

View attachment 50718

View attachment 50719
Well, here's a little update on what I ended up doing.

I was at tractor supply and they had a shelterlogic garage heavily discounted because it had been dropped and the box was open and parts had spilled out.

It was all there and I don't regret getting it. Way better than using a car cover.

OLDIRON

Reaction score
The best ratchet straps for the money around here are the 12-foot Husky black with red strip from Home Depot for $10 at four to the pack.
I use two diagonally on each wheel for anchoring it down and one at each truss/rafter run from side to side at the top of the wall for snow load.
So, at least three packs.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
The best ratchet straps for the money around here are the 12-foot Husky black with red strip from Home Depot for $10 at four to the pack.
I use two diagonally on each wheel for anchoring it down and one at each truss/rafter run from side to side at the top of the wall for snow load.
So, at least three packs.
Thanks!

Back