Looking for vacuum diagram for a 79 Volare heater controls

Snyder9erJr.

Reaction score
I have a 1979 Plymouth Volare wagon with a 318. I need vacuum diagram for heater controls through the firewall.

image.jpg

0F0AAE74-DBC4-4531-9949-9C708B3D800E.jpeg

Justwondering

Reaction score
That purple wire has been chewed off in my fifth Avenue. Its go so many butt splices in the harness I'm thinking of buying another car just for the harness. lol

I have the diagram for a 87 Fifth Avenue but not sure how helpful that would be for you.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
First, the White arrow (on picture below) should be your vacuum diagram (which may or might not be legible).
0F0AAE74-DBC4-4531-9949-9C708B3D800Ea.jpeg

The two vacuum hoses you have, should be coming from firewall together. They are the vacuum source for A/C controls and other controls the hot water valve (blue circle).
The pink circle is where the other hose goes too – which is the vacuum tree.

That plastic hose is easy to break when bent. If a piece breaks, then go to auto parts store with a broken piece in hand, and get a foot of rubber hose that fits on it, Cut off an inch of hose and patch it (pretty easy to do).
BudW

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot to attach a picture of a vacuum tree.
There are a couple different versions of them, welded steel and cast aluminum. The aluminum is not as strong and can be somewhat easy to break when removing.
Of each type, there is different versions as to how many ports it has. A more highly optioned car will have more vacuum ports.
Vacuum Tree.jpg

4026119.jpg

Pictures were swiped from internet.

This picture is from my ’87 Fifth Ave - so it is close but not exactly the same as yours.
20161201_125857a.jpg

White circle is vacuum tree. Black arrow is the power brake hose. The red arrow is the plastic vacuum supply hose - which might be a different color on my '86.

The power brake hose attaches to base of the Holley 2260/6280 (which you have on your car). The power brake booster attaches to vacuum tree on the Carter BBD.

Your car should have the Carter BBD on it – so I suspect your engine might not be original to the car, possibly.
If that is correct, then the/your vacuum chart/diagram will not be exactly correct, either (mostly, but not exactly.
BudW

Back