Loweing my Mirada

mirada82

Reaction score
I got my 82 Mirada that im redoing, and have an issue. When I got it, the front was sitting higher than what i thought was normal. I changed the front wheels to the prostars i want to run, and now it it sits up like it has no motor in it, and it has a comnplete drivetrain. My question is how do I lower the front down? I know u can adjust it some by adjusting the torsion bars, but I dont know if I need to run the torsion bar bolt in or back it out. Are there any other ways to lower the front of the car? Any help would be appreciated.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Clockwise tightens or raises the front end, counter clockwise loosens or lowers the front end. Lube the threads real good and remember, the driver side adjuster changes the pass. side bar and the pass side changes the driver side bar.

mirada82

Reaction score
Clockwise tightens or raises the front end, counter clockwise loosens or lowers the front end. Lube the threads real good and remember, the driver side adjuster changes the pass. side bar and the pass side changes the driver side bar.

Thanks for the quick responce. I just went out and lowered it, sits where I want it now.

BHA43

Reaction score
Should be adjusted with the weight off, I have seen the threads strip & smash your (my) hand!!

Erics5th

Reaction score
I've always adjusted with the weight on, but thats me. Make sure you get an alignment since you altered the front ride height.

mirada82

Reaction score
I've always adjusted with the weight on, but thats me. Make sure you get an alignment since you altered the front ride height.

An alignment will be scheduled as soon as i finsih getting floors in it. I just hope it will go on the alignment rack.

BHA43

Reaction score
I had the reverse imprint of Chicago Pneumatic on the palm of my hand for quite some time!

Back