Magnum manifolds on an M body?

DusterKrazy

Reaction score
Anybody run the 5.2/5.9 Magnum exhaust manifolds? I heard they flow identical to 340 manifolds. I just wondered if they cleared okay..

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Good question I would like to know also since I have recently dumped the headers for a more stock look..

crayzcuda

Reaction score
The Big block non performance log manifolds fit so being rear dumps also I would think the Magnum's would work. Might be tight for the pipes though. But I too have never seen anyone do it. So who's gonna be the first? LOL

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
MeMike posted these pictures on FABO...one guy commented that they would not clear power steering?

2222222.jpg

2222.jpg

22222.jpg

222222.jpg

22222222.jpg

bill55az

Reaction score
Hold on....pretty sure the bolt pattern is the same. The issue will be clearance at the dump areas. Magnum ex manifolds are rear dump.
I suspect the drivers side will need to be cleaned up a lot. Mini-starter, cable shifter, cable kickdown, and that is at the back. Front, the PS pump needs to be changed for the later Magnum version?
The Jeep version of these are different as the Jeeps have the starter on the passenger side. The passenger side dump is higher than the Dodge version. Jeep drivers side tuck in close to the block, where the starter would be on a dodge.
Keep the manifolds for a B or larger body, or a truck....I predict a long frustrating and failed effort trying to make magnum ex manifolds fit an FMJ car.

bill55az

Reaction score
Not a Mopar, but I put a 215CID aluminum v8 from a 62 Buick into a Mazda Rotary truck, and had to switch the exhaust manifolds such that they ran out the front, then into a custom Y pipe, then back to the rear of the truck.....Of course, the only accessory on the truck was the alternator....
Pretty sure Dodge did that once in one of their older trucks....

Kernel Sanders

Reaction score
Hi I'm relatively new (been a lurker) but seen this and just wanted to ad a helpful 2c

The 92/93 magnum mani's will bolt up and are definately usable without mods in an B & Ebody (They were on a 318 I bought from a guy who used them in his Cuda - Castings 53006618 & 53006619)

Here is a snap of a mock-up on the 318 I'll be using in my Abody.... these mani's definately cannot me used in an Abody with power steering.

Hope this helps

Troy

9542nb6_20.jpg

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
magnum manifolds WILL bolt up to a LA motor, but the right side one will not fit in a FMJ as it hits the firewall, tried to put my truck ones on my 5th ave

MRL Performance

Reaction score
Try one of a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Im not sure it will fit, but they are a little different.

Back