Misfire when light throttle and sparks fouling - Help needed

Ele115

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out. This is definitely a common thing. If you have a vac leak you can't seem to find (anyone with these intakes) try taking the carb off and checking the holes. This is an Edelbroke thing. I have an intake that did this with a big spreadbore Holley and I fixed it with a small hex plug and some teflon tape. There are 8 bolt holes, not 4 so you have to check all 8. 2 were vacuum leaks. Seen a few like this, and I don't even see many of these intakes so this is going to come up again.

360MX

Reaction score
I've seen this problem before. Some of the Edelbrock performer dual plane intakes have an inner bolt hole drilled all the way through into the runners, and if you have the bolts in the outer holes of the AVS2 the inner bolt hole is a big vacuum leak to one side of the intake, which will send every other cylinder lean.
Wow really good point in fact im actually using only 4 out of 8 holes in the intake. Currently set up is using an Edelbrock carb spacer so is gasket-spacer-gasket-carb ¿Is still possible to have a vacuum leak?

I will find the drilled holes and try to tap it. that probably be the responsible for the erratic vacuum readings.

Thank you for the comments it really helps since all this mechanic systems is "before my time"

360MX

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out. This is definitely a common thing. If you have a vac leak you can't seem to find (anyone with these intakes) try taking the carb off and checking the holes. This is an Edelbroke thing. I have an intake that did this with a big spreadbore Holley and I fixed it with a small hex plug and some teflon tape. There are 8 bolt holes, not 4 so you have to check all 8. 2 were vacuum leaks. Seen a few like this, and I don't even see many of these intakes so this is going to come up again.
Thank you

Will do, if you guys don't point it out I would never imagine that 2 holes are drilled all the way.

I'm currently waiting for the other dist. and pretty much those 2 are my main culprits in all this debacle.

Back