Modoba

tim berry

Reaction score
Troy what is your estimated Hp figures and have you put that rear in with the 3.55 s yet good luck at the track

jasperjacko

Reaction score
It's a fairly mild 360 with I would guess to be 300-325? I do have the 3.55 installed.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Modoba with drag radials

Some pics of Modoba with magnums, drag radials in the rear. Still need to get center caps.I removed the white pinstripe and the body side mouldings. I think it looks better. I still like the 5 on 5 wheels better, but these are my goin' racing set-up. My brother wants them for his cuda, so I may trade for his weld drag lites for racing.

000_0006.jpg

000_0007.jpg

000_0008.jpg

5wndwcpe

Reaction score
I have road wheels on my '68 and though I'm a fan of the style, I agree the 5 on 5's look better on the Modoba.

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
I must agree 5 on 5 wheels look great on your car! Im definitely interested in this side molding removal, something that I have thought about doing to mine. It looks a lot better and cleaner without them. So how did you remove them, and was there any holes or apoxy left on the car after removal? Also was there a big difference in the paint under them?

jasperjacko

Reaction score
They're held on with a 3m type of tape. Very stubborn stuff. Some of it was hard so I warmed it in the hot sun and used plastic chisel/scrapers to get most of it off, then used a goof-off type solvent to remove the residue. The paint under them doesn't look much different. For the pin-stripe, I tried several things, but the best thing for me was let it sit in the hot sun, then used all my finger nails! Then used the solvent to remove the adhesive. You can still see where the stripes were, as if the glue causes the paint to swell in those areas, but I like it better. I never cared for the pin-stripe. I think the car has such hard lines, that they don't need to be high-lighted. The solvent did flatten the sheen on the paint, so I had to buff those areas again.

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on removing the door spears. Got the driver side done, you were right about the 3m being stubborn!

joemac1j

Reaction score
Does everyone already know what headers to use on these Cordoba's with the 318 or 360 engine. For some reason I must have missed this in the forum. Can you supply header manufacture and part number? What about when using the 440 engine? Please, someone give me and answer. Thank you.
joemac1j

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I would recommend a header that does not hang below or wrap around the drag link. If your car sits any lower than stock, they will likely scrape and bend or smash or..... at some point. Dougs makes a real nice looking header with thick tubes and flanges for a-b-e body which usually fits our stuff fine. Any other suggestions are welcome.

My imp

Reaction score
Hedman block huggers work great, but with P/S you need to slightly dimple drivers side header.

CMX360

Reaction score
I test fitted an old set of A-body Dynomax Blackjacks on a Fifth Avenue a few years ago without much trouble.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Tested the nitto drag radials today......Big difference. Between the leaf spring mod and the sticky new shoes, I'm hoping for low 13's. We'll see!

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Some of you may remember me talking about making a rear wing for Modoba. After looking at many factory options that all needed mods to fit right, I started from scratch. It will fit the contour of the mirada/cordoba deck lid. It's funny how square these body lines look until you put a straight edge on it! I started making the prototype the other day. It will be subtle with only about a 1.75" lip. The first one I'm making out of .250 abs sheet, and may then do a mold if there is any interest in the design. I'll try to post a pic of the progress tomorrow.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Not much to look at, but you can see the basic shape. It will have a gentle duck tail shape. I didn't have long enough pcs. to do the full length.The second pic is a shelby charger wing that I may still mod to fit, and I think would look very good.

100_5133.jpg

000_0014.jpg

kkritsilas

Reaction score
JasperJacko:

I like the first one myself. If you should decide to make a mold and sell them to others, I would be interested.

Kostas

Last edited:
Back