Need 1980 Road Runner info.

Locomotion

Reaction score
I'm considering a project that's a long-shot due to time and money, but I had a few questions about 1980 Road Runners and was hoping someone could educate me. It will at least give me something to think about while I hope things fall into place by the end of the year.

* How far back do Volare/Aspen rear spoilers interchange with the 1980 models?

* Any available through the aftermarket?

* Are the side window louvers optional/deletable on Road Runners or something you got whether you wanted them or not as part of the package?

* Are bucket seats from other model cars (i.e.: Mirada, Magnum, etc.)similar & interchange with F-bodies?

Thanks,
Myron

Hmmm, off to a good start. I found bremereric answering some related questions for bnichols in an ad. :)

Last edited:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Spoilers were 1976-1977 one piece and then they changed to a three piece design in 1978-1980. The window louvers are still optional whether you want them or not. All are either now available or later available from BHA43.

DCAspen

Reaction score
No window louvers were available on 1980's,dealer installed maybe,all window trim and wipers were blacked out.A lot of seats will fit, you have to use the F-body seat tracks to make them work.I had 73 Challenger seats in a 70' Dart long ago,swapped out the seat tracks and the fit perfect,It can be done.

Locomotion

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was considering a 1980 Volare, but in Road Runner trim, as an IHRA/NHRA race car. By the rules, it looks like the only thing I'd need to pass is the '78-'80 spoiler. The additional posted shipping weight would put the car into the next heaviest set of classification options - F, G or H Stock Automatic vs G, H or I Stock Automatic.

Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed that I can afford the car at the end of the year, if it's still available.

Back