Neil Diamond Saved My Boss

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Last night my wife and I were having a few adult beverages and listening to music.....my iPod packed with over 10,000 songs of every type imaginable. During this time I was expressing how tomorrow was Friday (today) which meant that my four foot overweight braindead garden gnome of an oxygen wasting boss would no doubt say or do something to totally piss me off. Something he seems to do every Friday.....not particularly out of malice....more like a walking pot of Kraft dinner pretending to have an intelligence level slightly above a bowl of mashed potatoes trying to exercise the "I'm the boss" trip.

Fair enough.....he's the boss...but when you're a walking kumquat with no comprehension of what's involved in the operations of what it takes to get stuff out the door that falls a little flat.

Anyway.....I was telling my wife how I'd like to take the mentally deficient wipe out back and kick his sorry ass all over the parking lot but at the same time I really didn't want to ruin my Friday and start out my weekend on a bad note.

Coincidentally.....Song Sung Blue by Neil Diamond came on.
It has no lyrical significance to anything but I sort of drifted off for a second remembering that song from when I was a kid.
She noticed the sort of calming effect it had and said "Why don't you just keep running that song through your head tomorrow and ignore him?" I thought it was a silly idea but as the night went on I thought it's actually not a bad idea.

I saw the walking fecal matter this morning briefly and then he went out.....I've been running that song through my head and it's working remarkably well.....even when the human urinal puck does come back.....I'm ready.....I will not punch his head in.....I will not get angry......and I will have a great weekend.

And I have Neil Diamond to thank for it......

Thank you Neil.......

slant6billy

Reaction score
At least it was not Pablo Cruise.... "It's alright ......Once you get past the pain...... you'll find luv again...." - One of the most disturbing songs I ever had trapped in my head. First heard it in prison.

tim berry

Reaction score
I love the vernacular description of the boss ! The worst part of those types is when the shit hits the fan they're either pointing finger or running to hide thanks for the laugh

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thankfully the human toilet brush with an IQ slightly below 2 week old broccoli hasn't bothered me all that much lately.

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
Thankfully the human toilet brush with an IQ slightly below 2 week old broccoli hasn't bothered me all that much lately.
That`s probably because nothing has gone wrong that he has seen fit to put the blame you for. I get to deal with the same level of turnip brains as you do. They spend so much time and effort shooting themselves in the foot that I`m surprised that any of them have any toes left.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Makes me realize how much I like my job and especially,,,,,,where I do it. My "boss" is about as opposite of what you describes as you can get. No pressure, no stress, no arguments, nothing. You know, the way it should be!
That said, my first full time auto tech job back in '84 had a boss like that. It was a small hole in the wall Chevy dealer in one of the outlying small towns around here. After 9 months of it, I walked into his office one night at 5pm and said "I quit". Loaded my toolbox up and left. A lot easier back then, the tool box was WAY smaller and had WAY fewer tools. Got a job at a Ford dealer a week later and never looked back (until it closed in 2007 that is).

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That`s probably because nothing has gone wrong that he has seen fit to put the blame you for. I get to deal with the same level of turnip brains as you do. They spend so much time and effort shooting themselves in the foot that I`m surprised that any of them have any toes left.

The worst part is he tries to point fingers for his screwups. But that's not all that surprising. I'm just amazed that somebody actually taught Kraft dinner how to speak. Impressive really.

Makes me realize how much I like my job and especially,,,,,,where I do it. My "boss" is about as opposite of what you describes as you can get. No pressure, no stress, no arguments, nothing. You know, the way it should be!
That said, my first full time auto tech job back in '84 had a boss like that. It was a small hole in the wall Chevy dealer in one of the outlying small towns around here. After 9 months of it, I walked into his office one night at 5pm and said "I quit". Loaded my toolbox up and left. A lot easier back then, the tool box was WAY smaller and had WAY fewer tools. Got a job at a Ford dealer a week later and never looked back (until it closed in 2007 that is).

I have had good bosses. Ones that could actually think and reason. But there's always the ones with a brain made of fly larvae. That's where I am now.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I have a wonderful boss. I report to our company President. You could not ask for a better human being. My fringe benefits are unbelievable in today's "stick it to the employee" market. I just wish we were a larger organization that could afford to pay folks commensurate with the going standards for their positions. I could leave to find more money, and have had offers; but the relaxed atmosphere, and the benefits make it just to hard to leave.

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
The worst part is he tries to point fingers for his screwups. But that's not all that surprising. I'm just amazed that somebody actually taught Kraft dinner how to speak. Impressive really.

I have had good bosses. Ones that could actually think and reason. But there's always the ones with a brain made of fly larvae. That's where I am now.
Is he the nephew or other relative of the owner? That would explain alot.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Only thing worse is when English is not their first language and they expect you to sit on the sidelines and talk babies with their airhead wives cause you don't have a third leg. Pompous h1b visa asses.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Is he the nephew or other relative of the owner? That would explain alot.

He and another guy basically bought the place when it was going down the tube. It's a small place. Which makes mentally incompetent micro management even more of a joke.

Only thing worse is when English is not their first language and they expect you to sit on the sidelines and talk babies with their airhead wives cause you don't have a third leg. Pompous h1b visa asses.

I've dealt with those types. From a sunnier clime. Brain capacity of a nerf football and all act like alpha males even though when it comes down to nails they're 10 ply. Base their being around their pecker while being constantly bothered by how small it is.

You have to realize that somewhere around 65-75% of the world's population are basically......well borderline retards.
Odds are good that at one point you're gonna work for one.

Back