New from West Virginia

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Hello All! I figure I should start off by giving the history behind my 1981 Dodge Mirada. My dad bought the car new in 81, he ran it for 4 years. He then sold it to my grand dad, who ran it for ten years. The car was then parked in a garage for the next 12 years or so until I bought it off him. I have had it for about five years now. A few pics after cleaning the dust off, new tires and re-gasketing and painting valve covers.
052.jpg
095.jpg

052.jpg

095.jpg

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Some pics of interior changes. includes brown to black carpeting, cassette player mounted under the glove box, gauges mounted where ash tray was, tach and shift light, two misslle style switches for the electric fuel pump and fan, and a b&m quicksilver shifter
053.jpg
182.jpg

053.jpg

182.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Hey, welcome to the club. I met you at the nats this weekend with the red " Modoba". Be sure to visit the site with updates.-Troy

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Some exterior changes include 70 e body wing and a 71 demon hood scoop.
200.jpg
277.jpg

200.jpg

277.jpg

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
went from the 7.5 rearend with 2.2 gears to a 8.75 with 3.55 gears. The car also has disc brakes all the way around.
new 321.jpg

new 321.jpg

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Hey, welcome to the club. I met you at the nats this weekend with the red " Modoba". Be sure to visit the site with updates.-Troy
Thanks, always enjoy talking to j-body owners. Came home from the nats and ripped the Mirada apart again.
001 (2).jpg

001 (2).jpg

82Cordoba

Reaction score
Nice looking car!! Where in WV do you live? I'm from Paden City (About a hour north of Parkersburg) but currently living in Fairmont. I finally got my Cordoba trailered over here today and started tearing it down. Rusted out front frame rail! Hoping to have it driving again within 3 weeks. Also the blue and silver 76 Charger you posted a picture of on the mopar nats gathering thread is a guy from Parkersburg. Has a 512 Stroker in it.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Nice looking car!! Where in WV do you live? I'm from Paden City (About a hour north of Parkersburg) but currently living in Fairmont. I finally got my Cordoba trailered over here today and started tearing it down. Rusted out front frame rail! Hoping to have it driving again within 3 weeks. Also the blue and silver 76 Charger you posted a picture of on the mopar nats gathering thread is a guy from Parkersburg. Has a 512 Stroker in it.

Yea where in WV? I am in Ripley, saw your car at the nats. The dude with the Charger is Justin Carpenter.

-Kenny

tim berry

Reaction score
welcome very nice mirada , what size tire are you running out back and what springs .

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Thanks for comments on the car. I am from Wheeling WV. I am running 275/60 R15 out back. And those are the stock springs, just had leafs added and had them re-arched, I believe is what they call it.

CMX360

Reaction score
Nice car. I've been thinking of getting vectors for my CMX. Sexy wheel and they are reasonably priced. Welcome.

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Nice car. I've been thinking of getting vectors for my CMX. Sexy wheel and they are reasonably priced. Welcome.
They are actually keystone wheels that were bought back in the 80's, but are very similar to vectors.

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Its been a while since ive posted on this site, but work on the mirada hasnt stopped. Started a major upgrade this spring, took the warn out 318 out in place of something new.....
Picture 645.jpg
Picture 646.jpg
Picture 648.jpg
Picture 649.jpg
Picture 647.jpg

Picture 645.jpg

Picture 646.jpg

Picture 647.jpg

Picture 648.jpg

Picture 649.jpg

Back