new to the interior.... where to start?

ZieglerSpeed

Reaction score
84 D150 regular cab 2wd.headers and ALL pol equip removed The pick up ran great but I thought maybe it could run greater. The timing was right on spec (12 degrees btdc). No computer, it has centrifigul advance. I bumped the timing 4 degrees so now at 16 btdc. Holy Toledo does it squeel the tire now. No pinging (an advantage of low comp 84 318), it runs cool. My total advance (vac plugged) is 28 degrees (2500 rpm or so). Now I pulled distrib to clean it up, lube it up and I threw the heavy spring away. I'll set the timing just as when I took it out

ZieglerSpeed

Reaction score
The 84 D150 has 2.9 gear and new 235 75 Goodyears. I'm impressed. I squeeled the tires at Napa and some chevy guys were scarred. They're not use to that

ZieglerSpeed

Reaction score
Hey Bud, when I was a sinior in h. school, I ordered a new 75 360 Duster. When it rained it would rain on your feet. The dealer had a body shop fix it. They pulled the windshield and welded the "cowl seam?". That fixed it

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Cowl air horn seam leak - is what I "believe” to have – but not sure why they pulled the windshield out, of your A-body to fix it for, though. The cowl is made differently between A's and FMJ's.
BudW

ZieglerSpeed

Reaction score
Working on 84, 1/2 ton Ram. Timing -no room for distrib wrench to get on hold down clamp bolt. Do you know what kind of punishment the engineers should have met for giving me NO ROOM? If the 318 were out, a sledge would put the perfect dent in that firewall. Those engineers? -they got a raise

Aspen500

Reaction score
You need a distributor wrench. In my world of working on mostly newer vehicles (like 2000 and up pretty much), the distributor bolt on an '84 Dodge is easy to get at! We curse the engineers on a daily basis, lol! You know, "what the f*** were they thinking????" Sigh.........................

ZieglerSpeed

Reaction score
Engineering should have to meet mechanics approval or its back to the drawing board. I'm using the standard 2 piece distrib wrench. I wonder if the motor mnts got shimmed for the headers resulting in less disttrib - firewall clearance. IDK

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Older stuff I've never had a problem with distributor wrench or being creative with extensions and ujoint sockets.
Newer cars i have a few tweaked wrenches around that I've either bent or hacked up in some way. The correct tool is out there but usually not when you need it, or not at a price I'd want to pay to only be used once or twice.

Back