New Volaré owner in PA

RowanAmethyst

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Rowan, and I own a 1976 Volaré coupe. It's in fair condition, I plan on doing a light restoration, fresh paint and rustproofing, a bit of interior work, and a few slight performance mods.

I paid too much for it, at $3500, but I figured it was worth it to own such a neat car. It only has about 25,000 original miles on it, which is actually to its detriment in some ways, as it's spent much of its life sitting.

The cooling system is getting a complete overhaul, new water pump, radiator, thermostat, hoses, everything. After that it's just getting an oil change, a new air filter, and we'll see what it needs from there. Maybe new shocks, probably new belts. I'm doing the cooling system on Wednesday, weather permitting. I'll try to post more about it when I can!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.
Much work ahead.
Post us up some pics. I'd love to see her.
How long since it was really driven?

RowanAmethyst

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.
Much work ahead.
Post us up some pics. I'd love to see her.
How long since it was really driven?

It was never really driven much, it was a barn find by the previous owner and he kept it in his garage the whole time he owned it. He'd run it regularly but never really go anywhere with it.

Pics!
1 - 0tkvuXN.jpg

8 - gpIbY1X.jpg

7 - Z6FaAPL.jpg

6 - RG2eVRw.jpg

5 - hxK8WM4.jpg

4 - WC32qXv.jpg

3 - U0Ka54P.jpg

2 - dfhaP54.jpg

That trim piece that's hanging loose and the rust on the side are probably the worst parts, other than that he's in pretty good shape. I call him Voltaire.

1 - 0tkvuXN.jpg

2 - dfhaP54.jpg

3 - U0Ka54P.jpg

4 - WC32qXv.jpg

5 - hxK8WM4.jpg

6 - RG2eVRw.jpg

7 - Z6FaAPL.jpg

8 - gpIbY1X.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Very nice color combo. Buckets and console too. I think you got a cool car there. Welcome to the show.

RowanAmethyst

Reaction score
That's a very sweet find.
How's are the frame rails on it.
What's the plan for her?

Frame rails are solid, just some surface rust, nothing serious. The plan is to do some incremental upgrades, starting simple with a new carb and intake, then maybe a new exhaust (why the heck did they give a V8 a Y-pipe?), then looking at rebuilding or replacing the heads, new camshaft, maybe an electric fan swap, just building up as I can afford it and as I have the time. But first is cooling, it overheated on a 20 mile trip, and the coolant is disgusting, so it's all getting replaced. I have the parts, I just need to swap them out, like I said probably Wednesday.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Frame rails are solid, just some surface rust, nothing serious. The plan is to do some incremental upgrades, starting simple with a new carb and intake, then maybe a new exhaust (why the heck did they give a V8 a Y-pipe?), then looking at rebuilding or replacing the heads, new camshaft, maybe an electric fan swap, just building up as I can afford it and as I have the time. But first is cooling, it overheated on a 20 mile trip, and the coolant is disgusting, so it's all getting replaced. I have the parts, I just need to swap them out, like I said probably Wednesday.

The y pipe is for the lowend torque and use of a single cat. If you throw duals on, you'll see a power loss in stock form. H pipe it. Welcome to the fun. I'm just outside Phila. See about converting that AC pump to the newer style centrip type. Requires the bracket from a mid 80s dip/ 5th to do so, if not done already. Reminder- Carlisle is in one month, you could get some nice parts for that Volare. Lots of good folks here for good advice

RowanAmethyst

Reaction score
The y pipe is for the lowend torque and use of a single cat. If you throw duals on, you'll see a power loss in stock form. H pipe it. Welcome to the fun. I'm just outside Phila. See about converting that AC pump to the newer style centrip type. Requires the bracket from a mid 80s dip/ 5th to do so, if not done already. Reminder- Carlisle is in one month, you could get some nice parts for that Volare. Lots of good folks here for good advice

Ah, good to know! There certainly is plenty of torque, especially for the mid-70s. I'll try to find a good H pipe kit if I can.

I completely forgot about Carlisle! I haven't gone in years, but this might be the time to go and try to find some decent parts! Maybe someone will have the little clips for that trim piece?

Back