Nickel plated copper tubing

My imp

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used nickel plated copper tubing that Summit sells for fuel line? No matter what replacement steel tubing I've bought through the years, it never lasts anywhere near as long as factory tubing. I've tried galvanized, plain steel that I painted with POR15, powder coated crap they sell in stores that scratches if you look at it funny. But I've yet to try the nickel plated copper. I know you can't use it for brakes, but I have no intention of doing so. I'm really not in the market for SS & all the AN fitting that go with it. I'm simply after a economical alternative to SS.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I thought you weren't supposed to use copper on fuel lines? Is it nickel plated on the inside?

My imp

Reaction score
Never heard about fuel lines, not supposed to use it on brake lines. It's to soft, won't take the pressure. What did you hear?

My imp

Reaction score
Would the fuel cause that? They use copper tubing on the lead line from the compressor & all over the air brake systems.they have higher heat cycles, condensation, oil when the comp. starts going bad, not to mention the flexing of the engine on its mounts when running. Safety inspections & spec.'s are incredibly anal. If there was a danger, I would think they would do something about it. I could be wrong?

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
How about using aluminum fuel line, they even make it in different colors.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I think gasoline can be corrosive to copper. Not sure about the nickel.

My imp

Reaction score
Did some research. Copper nickel isn't copper, it's an alloy that's even rated & meant to be used in brake lines! Not on my car! The only thing I found to be a detriment is that benzine affects copper. This stuff isn't as fatigue prone as copper, & is superior in many ways to other materials. It goes on to say that fuel & 99 percent of the additives out there won't affect it. I'm going to try it out, & I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all your input, Larry

Back