1122201716.jpg

And the Afterburner Super Six
1121201751a.jpg

Duke5A

Reaction score
Night shots are really cool. Try this with the camera:

• Set it up on a tripod
  • Turn the flash off
  • Set it manual mode with and set ISO to 100, aperture to F5.6 and shutter speed to 6 seconds.
  • Turn it timer mode (where it'll take the picture after so many seconds after pressing the button)
  • Take picture

You're trying to take an extremely long exposure shot. This makes up for the lack of light, but the slightest movement in the camera itself or the scene will cause the photo to come out blurry. You might need to fiddle with the shutter speed to get the desired exposure.

This photo was taken on the return trip from Woodward a few years ago in a dimly lit Home Depot parking lot. I think it was also a six second exposure.

IMG_2282-X3.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Hey Duke, have you run your car at the strip or dyno?

Duke5A

Reaction score
Hey Duke, have you run your car at the strip or dyno?

Both, with rather disappointing results. The track day was a bust with only one run at the end of the day. I had just fuel injected the car and was running with a quarter tank. On launch the fuel sloshed back and the pump sucked air. Ran a flat 13.0 with the car bucking down to the 1/8th mark until I pulled my foot out of it. Chassis dyno put down 410 peak HP at the wheels with a not so great torque curve. What I think is going on is its driving through the converter. The converter that is in it was spec'd for a stock stroke 360.

Got a few bugs to work out still. I was having a new baffled fuel tank made for the car, but the shop has been radio silent for the last two months. I need to give them a call.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Oh if I only had a camera that could take pics like those! Mine aren't nearly fancy enough, lol:D

Duke5A

Reaction score
Oh if I only had a camera that could take pics like those! Mine aren't nearly fancy enough, lol:D

You would be surprised. Any camera with a manual or pro mode can do this, including most cell phones. Any iPhone will do it. Just got to use something to hold the camera steady. When you need the expensive stuff is trying to capture fast motion in low light.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Both, with rather disappointing results. The track day was a bust with only one run at the end of the day. I had just fuel injected the car and was running with a quarter tank. On launch the fuel sloshed back and the pump sucked air. Ran a flat 13.0 with the car bucking down to the 1/8th mark until I pulled my foot out of it. Chassis dyno put down 410 peak HP at the wheels with a not so great torque curve. What I think is going on is its driving through the converter. The converter that is in it was spec'd for a stock stroke 360.

Got a few bugs to work out still. I was having a new baffled fuel tank made for the car, but the shop has been radio silent for the last two months. I need to give them a call.
13.0 is a great starting point. No doubt you'll be deep into the 12's with some tweaking.

Back