No party invite as usual

slant6billy

Reaction score
Between shoveling, I take a break by a little TV- Why do I torture myself? I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Like you guys have been stating, They should just call it "ALL NON MOPAR TV". Vendors and advertising just pathetic. Indy Cylinder even a let down. I guess we mopar folks are just left off the A list for the shindig

My imp

Reaction score
Could you imagine if we talked like that? "You know Billy, due to the excessive liquidity of my flatulence, probably caused by the Metamusil w/calcium laxative, I did soil my no tag, stretch waistband Fruit of the Loom briefs, also available in boxer & bikini. But not to worry, with OxyClean being able to get the stains out, & Downy's ability to make them soft as a baby's behind, all is well. And Billy, you know with these relax fit Lee jeans, youd barely know. And, we always keep plenty of cottony soft Cottonelle handy for any such mishaps! Back to you, Billy!" Instead of, "I farted & just sh*t myself!"

slant6billy

Reaction score
Sadly 20 years ago when everything was in a for sale magazine, I can across a super coupe panted all jet black. Spoilers and Flares and big fat tires and STOP!. Some Ahole put a 454 chevy in it with T400 and 12 bolt chevy rear. At the time I though I could use the chevy drive train in my Z28. Now it is apparent that might be the future if the parts and engines for mopar go away. I liked the comparison of the 318 to the 351 and the 305 that were the common engines 25 years ago. The ford was a slug and would not rev more that 4500 rpm, the chevy was all rev and no go. The little 318 would rev 6500 and put the power on the pavement all day too. I've been searching youtube for this and cannot find it, but someone has it. It was when there was like only one car show on on the weekend... just cannot remember the name.

ramenth

Reaction score
Could you imagine if we talked like that? "You know Billy, due to the excessive liquidity of my flatulence, probably caused by the Metamusil w/calcium laxative, I did soil my no tag, stretch waistband Fruit of the Loom briefs, also available in boxer & bikini. But not to worry, with OxyClean being able to get the stains out, & Downy's ability to make them soft as a baby's behind, all is well. And Billy, you know with these relax fit Lee jeans, youd barely know. And, we always keep plenty of cottony soft Cottonelle handy for any such mishaps! Back to you, Billy!" Instead of, "I farted & just sh*t myself!"

And this all nails it right on the head. In a most humorous way! Thanks for that!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score

Classic!!

NoCar340

Reaction score
NASCAR is the absolute worst, with NHRA a close second. I love listening to so-and-so yack about the "[insert sponsor here] Chevrolet was really runnin' well today..." Uh, dude, all the NASCAR engines are essentially the same; none are even close to production anything. Oh, hey, where's my 2-door Charger? They don't build one?! They must--I done seen it on the track!

The top four classes of drag racing have been all Chrysler Hemi-powered since the '70s. One of my Ford buddies likes to say Ford's engine is different; moving a head bolt and redesigning the valve-cover gasket doesn't make it a Ford. Oldsmobile spent untold millions on their DRCE program back in the early '90s, and finally stopped when they couldn't beat the Chrysler Hemi design. They ended up using a Keith Black Stage X Hemi block with an Oldsmobile rocket logo cast into it. It made me giggle to hear Force talk about the Castrol Mustang and that awesome Ford engine...

ramenth

Reaction score
NASCAR is the absolute worst, with NHRA a close second. I love listening to so-and-so yack about the "[insert sponsor here] Chevrolet was really runnin' well today..." Uh, dude, all the NASCAR engines are essentially the same; none are even close to production anything. Oh, hey, where's my 2-door Charger? They don't build one?! They must--I done seen it on the track!

I'd love to see one of the drivers, just once, say what's on his mind like he'd say back in his motorhome instead of the cultivated TV personality.

Engine blows on the first lap: "The Tidy Bowl Chevrolet was runnin' real good. The engine was strong enough that we had a good shot at winnin' this race. My crew chief had a real good strategy as to how we were gonna run today, but, ya know, a five cent part can bring an early end to the day" when what he really means, is: "my f***ing cheapskate sponsor won't give us enough damned money to build our own freakin' engine program so we have to buy these damned hand me down engines to give to idiots in the engine shop who overlook those damned five cent f***in' parts! It wouldn't matter if we did have the damned money, 'cause the idiot car owner would just recycle the same damned cast off crew chiefs that the big name teams get rid 'cause they can't get the damned job done by making sure the f***in' engines are built the right way! Now get the f***in' camera out of my face!"

NoCar340

Reaction score
"my f***ing cheapskate sponsor won't give us enough damned money to build our own freakin' engine program so we have to buy these damned hand me down engines to give to idiots in the engine shop who overlook those damned five cent f***in' parts! It wouldn't matter if we did have the damned money, 'cause the idiot car owner would just recycle the same damned cast off crew chiefs that the big name teams get rid 'cause they can't get the damned job done by making sure the f***in' engines are built the right way! Now get the f***in' camera out of my face!"
This would be after the thrown helmet, pounding of fists on the roof, and a prolonged, screamed-to-the-heavens, "FF_____________CK!!!", I expect?

My imp

Reaction score
I'd love to see one of the drivers, just once, say what's on his mind like he'd say back in his motorhome instead of the cultivated TV personality.

Engine blows on the first lap: "The Tidy Bowl Chevrolet was runnin' real good. The engine was strong enough that we had a good shot at winnin' this race. My crew chief had a real good strategy as to how we were gonna run today, but, ya know, a five cent part can bring an early end to the day" when what he really means, is: "my f***ing cheapskate sponsor won't give us enough damned money to build our own freakin' engine program so we have to buy these damned hand me down engines to give to idiots in the engine shop who overlook those damned five cent f***in' parts! It wouldn't matter if we did have the damned money, 'cause the idiot car owner would just recycle the same damned cast off crew chiefs that the big name teams get rid 'cause they can't get the damned job done by making sure the f***in' engines are built the right way! Now get the f***in' camera out of my face!"
We call that the Cleveland Browns syndrome around these here parts (or Cavs, or Indians!)!

Back