Nose swaps

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
Holley sells "retrobright" led headlights. I've been curious about those.
LED turn signal bulbs in position of:

All lights are turned off
LeB LED 001.png

Running lights on
LeB LED 002.png

Turn signal activated at first
LeB LED  004.png

Turn signal goes amber
LeB LED 0043.png

Turn signal turned off
LeB LED  004.png

Running lights resume
LeB LED 002.png

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
That is a nice set up!
My only complaint is that they act immediately instead of a soft on / soft off for the amber flash. New Mazdas seem to have fixed that, their turn signals use LEDs on a smooth increase/decrease of intensity... this gives the viewer's eyes a longer reference point whereas the instant on/off kind of makes you have to keep looking for the next flash to confirm the intent. I wonder how they do it. I think I'll bring a lead over to make the outside bulb and side marker flash with the inside lamp. It's the same type of bulb holder for the outside lamp but they didn't use the 2nd contact lead. Chrysler made it easy for that to be done.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
It does look much better so it was worth it. I have owned 2 of the cars and both were excellent cars. I was offered way more than I ever had into them so I sold them both. I would buy another one any day if the price was right again.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I highly doubt anyone will ever offer me more than what I have into it. It's just a fun project for me

Camtron

Reaction score
I highly doubt anyone will ever offer me more than what I have into it. It's just a fun project for me
Likewise. For how much I have into mine, you can find one that looks like it came off the show room floor, lol just won’t be nearly as fun to drive as mine. It’s just for me. Im at the point where I’ll have to buy a nice one to put all my “fancy” parts into…or just keep my ratty murder mobile. I like it.

Justwondering

Reaction score

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Likewise. For how much I have into mine, you can find one that looks like it came off the show room floor, lol just won’t be nearly as fun to drive as mine. It’s just for me. Im at the point where I’ll have to buy a nice one to put all my “fancy” parts into…or just keep my ratty murder mobile. I like it.
These are definitely cars that you can personalize any way you want and you don't gotta worry that you've destroyed a priceless classic.

Camtron

Reaction score
That’s how I feel about the ‘70 duster my uncle gave me. Aside it being my moms originally, it’s a running,driving, stopping factory stock /6, ‘70 Duster. Some people are still of the mind set, /6 cars are meant to be hot rodded but, it’s harder and harder to find a clean factory stock ‘70 anything…I don’t wanna be the guy to mess it up. But if I found one that someone else already molested, I’d be all about it, lol.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
These are definitely cars that you can personalize any way you want and you don't gotta worry that you've destroyed a priceless classic.
Agreed. These cars came from the factory "customized" in the way of half vinyl tops, opera lamps & windows... all that was from an earlier time that trickled into mainstream production. Under all that baloney is a pretty nice body design, for the coupe M cars particularly. Mine already had it's vinyl top removed when I bought it and it shows off the boattail design a lot better.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Agreed. These cars came from the factory "customized" in the way of half vinyl tops, opera lamps & windows... all that was from an earlier time that trickled into mainstream production. Under all that baloney is a pretty nice body design, for the coupe M cars particularly. Mine already had it's vinyl top removed when I bought it and it shows off the boattail design a lot better.
I think there will be a lot of well loved F and M cars in the future still on the road, while the A bodies will all be auction queens or completely rotted away.

You have to be an enthusiast to do what it takes to keep these things drivable and fun to drive

Back