FOR SALE OUCH! '77 Volare coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Sorry if I ruffled your feathers I didn't mean to.
Ok. ;) Shaking hands.:D Moving on. I haven't heard back from the seller yet. I asked about mileage, condition of interior - (if branch poked hole in windshield, dash could be damaged), if it runs well and if he's run it since the hit. I also asked if he has more pics. We will see if he gets back to me. I'm really curious about this one.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
The story of the road trips are cool and give your car depth. I'd say you were extremely lucky to find such a rare clean F body that you wanted... I'm impressed with the length you have going to modify it in the way that you wanted.
Thanks Oldiron! I really do know how lucky I was to find OY. I honestly did look for YEARS before it found it. It's far from perfect, but I couldn't ask for better. The road trips are fun, and I post about them to try to encourage others to try it if they can. I struggled a bit about modifying OY. I really like cars that are factory original, but the cig burns in the carpet and on the seat bugged me. Also, the seat was crushed on the drivers side, and really uncomfortable. The manual steering wasn't fun either. Then I got to thinking: why not make it what I want? Actually, that decision has made OY even that much more fun. I think I'm going to wind up with a Special Edition in a plain Jane wrapper! But, I haven't done anything that couldn't be undone. Again, the entire point of owning OY is to have fun. So, I am. :)

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I got lucky with my Volare also, the car was on the back lot at the Chevrolet dealer I bought the cop cars from.
I wanted a two door stripper, no power brakes or steering and that's what I found. Twelve years old and 73k on the odometer /6 tree speed with black interior. The only rust was the front fenders and the quarters had a little above the wheel opening. The next weekend I had a pair of replacement fenders and mopar had a few quarters at very reasonable prices so I ordered those and a new grill just because. I paid $150 for the car.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I got lucky with my Volare also, the car was on the back lot at the Chevrolet dealer I bought the cop cars from.
I wanted a two door stripper, no power brakes or steering and that's what I found. Twelve years old and 73k on the odometer /6 tree speed with black interior. The only rust was the front fenders and the quarters had a little above the wheel opening. The next weekend I had a pair of replacement fenders and mopar had a few quarters at very reasonable prices so I ordered those and a new grill just because. I paid $150 for the car.
Now THAT sounds like a real find! Do you know the back story on it? What color is/was it? Any options at all? Any pics?

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Am radio and a half vinyl roof. I called it blood red with a white top. No back story, it was just traded at the dealership for something newer the only thing original to the car now is the front suspension, the radio and vinyl roof are even gone. I have my Ford project that I'm trying to get finished with this nexted year then I will be pulling the Plymouth apart for new color and reassembly will begin. I will be casting a new hood from fiberglass and possibly a rear bumper, that might have some interest on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back