Parts Wanted List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Contact seller
1977 Dodge Aspen 2 Door Coupe project parts list. I am looking and need them if anyone has them to part with. Please pm me with price and possible pictures if you have and additional information. Thank You.

1. Looking for a nice and damage free complete door panel set. Any color. I can paint to match it.
2. Looking for a nice and damage free all rear window interior trim pieces. Any color. I can paint to match it.
3. Looking for a nice and damage free dash cap. Any color. I can paint to match it.

Last edited:

greymouser7

Reaction score
1. is in another post here on the forum with a yellow junkyard f body

3. is on eBay for 15 plus shipping

6 is 50 bucks again on eBay

wiper motor-roack auto

number 5 i have

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I have sent three pm's on the yellow car with no responses. So I have passed on it for further help with list.
I also don't buy from eBay anymore because most parts on there do not fit as advertised and have damage not listed. I have had past issues buying from that site. Thank You.

Last edited:

greymouser7

Reaction score
don't fit?

f body is going to fit f body right? should be good to go

those door panels on eBay, they WILL your car, are sky blue, can be painted, WILL NOT find ANOTHER DEAL that good again

people usually quit eBay for other reasons

so then I recommend F body Deconstructor Jim

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I have had nothing but bad service from eBay yes. Either adds are misleading damage or wont fit as advertised. Not a lot you can do about it except report the seller and then your stuck with junk and out of money. So I don't mess with it anymore. It has been more of a headache for me then anything. I have found more part list items I need with less headaches on all Mopar brother and sister sites and all parts were top notch items and damage free and also priced within reason.

Last edited:

greymouser7

Reaction score
ping on me to check my eBay messages when I get home-there was a group of guys selling f body parts cheap but they got disillusioned like you did and are on etsy or something-i am pretty sure i saved his message- those dudes were in canada

greymouser7

Reaction score
I have sent three pm's on the yellow car with no responses. So I have passed on it for further help with list.
I also don't buy from eBay anymore because most parts on there do not fit as advertised and have damage not listed. I have had past issues buying from that site. Thank You.

ohbytheway -it takes time for some people to respond

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
don't fit?

f body is to f body right? should be good to go

those door panels on eBay, they ir your car, are sky blue, can be painted, will not find ANOTHER DEAL that good again

people usually quit eBay for other reasons

so then I recommend F body Deconstructor Jim

Those door panels look to be a smoking deal right now. I get $60-$120 pair, plus shipping.

I quit selling on ebay in early 2010. Too many bidders, not enough buyers :poke: :icon_biggrin:

TY for the reccomendation GM, I appreciate it :icon_thumright:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Low Budget Dash Cap

Looking for a nice and damage free dash cap. Any color. I can paint to match it. Anybody have one? Jim you have one cheap? I don't shop on eBay to many issues in the past. Metal is still good but vinyl is shot. Thank You.

fgfgfgfgf.jpg

Last edited:

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Damage free and cheap...nope.
Gone through dozens of F's with not 1 undamaged dash pad.
Even my daily driver 76 Aspen wagon has a few small splits in it.
4 options...
1. patience while waiting for the "perefect pad" to be found
2. fit a plastic dash cap over the damaged pad you have. Not the perfect solution but I have seen a few of them and they can look quite presentable
3. send it to a place like "just dashes" and be ready to spend $600 +++ to be rebuilt
4. if your pad is still somewhat pliable you may be able to do some vinyl repair. fill and retexture the new material. you can make a mold of the graining to press into the new material as it sets up.

furyfrank

Reaction score
A question would not a dash pad from either a F or M body from years 77 to 89 fit ? I thought they where almost all the same.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
A question would not a dash pad from either a F or M body from years 77 to 89 fit ? I thought they where almost all the same.

They're very close appearance wise but they are different.
As far as fit....I believe it was alf who put an M dash in his F
He said it fit pretty well with a little finagling here and there.
I saw a pic.....it looked pretty good.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I requested pictures of the underside from a few of them and was told they could not send me additional pictures. Not sure whats the deal with that. I even explained to them I just wanted to make sure it would fit before ordering and they just said it would. Might take a little time but I am gonna try to save the one I have even tho it looks like it has been in a grinder and put threw hell. Thanks for the additional information if I do still half to order one.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I requested pictures of the underside from a few of them and was told they could not send me additional pictures. Not sure whats the deal with that. I even explained to them I just wanted to make sure it would fit before ordering and they just said it would. Might take a little time but I am gonna try to save the one I have even tho it looks like it has been in a grinder and put threw hell. Thanks for the additional information if I do still half to order one.

I have one at home. If you want I can snap a picture of it.
I haven't test fitted it yet but I'm pretty sure fellow member LSM360 has put one in his Aspen.

LSM360

Reaction score
M body dashes are different because they encompass the entire area of glove box, but you can swap it all out if you want to use on F body.

Correct Capn; I have an "Accuform" dash cap. Came in black so you paint to match. I used SEM brand spray, which is great stuff. Came with good instructions and the glue you need. I paid somewhere around $70. I am EXTREMELY pleased with the product. It looks better than I thought and has held up for well over a year now. The fit is really nice, as is the grain. After searching for a used pad, and finding very few, and when I did the price was outrageous, I decided to go with the cap. I am at work now and have no pics on my computer here. I will add some later or can email you some if you like. I'd forget using a used pad. Even if you do find one, it will probably cost as much or more than the cap, and won't last nearly as long as the very durable cap.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
A photo tutorial....

Here is an M body dash pad.
As LSM said it encompasses the glove box and has a different pattern on top.

2014-08-17 13.50.32-1.jpg

2014-08-17 13.50.47-1.jpg

2014-08-17 13.50.32-1.jpg

2014-08-17 13.50.47-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back