power brake booster swap

mopar guy

Reaction score
I would like to know if swapping a power brake booster from a k car to 81 Cordoba is a bolt on job or will I have to make any modifications?

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I did that over 20 years ago, and I believe the bolt that connects the "link" to the brake pedal is a different dia. and I placed a bushing in there to take up the slack. Other than that, yes it bolted in and I installed a 440, headers, with no clearance issues. Good luck.

Kernel Sanders

Reaction score
If you need a bolt pattern measurement for the Kcar booster let me know as I have one sitting at home and can post the pattern measurements here for you. I dont know the bolt pattern measurements for the 81 doba but the earlier A, B and CBody were different so the holes have to be elongated on those cars to use the Kcar booster. (I can provide those measurments as well if you like)

mopar guy

Reaction score
I'm putting a stroked 400 in a 81 Cardoba & was concerned about clearance problems with the brake booster. The car will be street driven & I'd like to keep the power brakes but was considering changing to manual brakes if I had to. Thanks for the info guys you've been helpful.

Kernel Sanders

Reaction score
Sorry I didnt get the chance to get them measurements last night but now I'm not sure you need the measurements or not... if you do let me know and I can

mopar guy

Reaction score
I think I'm okay with the info that I have on the brake booster but if I need those measurements I'll let you know. Thanks a bunch !

Back