Question about factory supplied scissor jack

shadango

Reaction score
So, I am wondering how pricey a factory style scissor jack is for the 1980 Volare/Aspen?

Need one for my son's 1980 Volare daily driver. The one that the seller gave us with the car is the wrong one.....it doesnt fit the factory lift points on the rockers......

Wondering what years will work.....was it the same style for all Volares up through 1980?

Anyone have one they want to get rid of cheap? or know of where I can pick one up cheap?

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
The F's were all bumper/post jacks through 79. Possibly the M bodies 80 up would be the same. Not sure when the M's went to the scissors jack.

shadango

Reaction score
Thanks FBDJ.....

This car definitely has the reinforced spots in the four locations....so I know its not a bumper jack.

Great...so I am looking for a one year only sort of thing? or maybe it is the same in 1981 and up cars?

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Your 1980 also does not have slots in the bumper for the jack to hook into.
Yes, scissors jack is one year only for the F body.
M bodies probably used the same jack you need from at least the 1980 model year through 1988. (M's are basically F's under the skin)
Dont know about the J or R bodies.
I've had a few 1980 F's but none had the original jack.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a ’80 Aspen station wagon at a pull-a-part close to me. No keys – so unable to open the tailgate (which I want to get). There may be a bumper jack in car (don’t know yet).

If the heat doesn’t kill me, I should be there this weekend and will report back if it does have one.
Wife may have other plans for me (Father’s day weekend), though.

According to meteorologists, it is to be 100’ F with high humidity. An excessive heat advisory has been issued for our area the next few days.

BudW

shadango

Reaction score
Your 1980 also does not have slots in the bumper for the jack to hook into.
Yes, scissors jack is one year only for the F body.
M bodies probably used the same jack you need from at least the 1980 model year through 1988. (M's are basically F's under the skin)
Dont know about the J or R bodies.
I've had a few 1980 F's but none had the original jack.
Thanks for that info! I will keep my eyes open,,,,,

Anyone have a picture of one, especially the head of it?

shadango

Reaction score
There is a ’80 Aspen station wagon at a pull-a-part close to me. No keys – so unable to open the tailgate (which I want to get). There may be a bumper jack in car (don’t know yet).

If the heat doesn’t kill me, I should be there this weekend and will report back if it does have one.
Wife may have other plans for me (Father’s day weekend), though.

According to meteorologists, it is to be 100’ F with high humidity. An excessive heat advisory has been issued for our area the next few days.

BudW
Thanks! As noted, wouldnt be a bumper jack....if there is a scissor jack in there that appears to work on the car, probably the same as my 2 door, right? Would be interested if cheap.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I got the jack from the ‘80 Aspen wagon. It cost me a total of $11.03 (US) after tax - not counting shipping, for all of the pieces shown.

Its been used a couple of times, it appears.

It looks just like the jack in my ‘86 5th Ave.

BudW
20160619_193233.jpg

shadango

Reaction score
I got the jack from the ‘80 Aspen wagon. It cost me a total of $11.03 (US) after tax - not counting shipping, for all of the pieces shown.

Its been used a couple of times, it appears.

It looks just like the jack in my ‘86 5th Ave.

BudWView attachment 15939

Awesome! So how much would ya take for it , shipped to 15132? :)

Back