Radiator Rotted - Replacements for Mirada

moreada

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I am in a driveway without a jack or stands at present. Trying to find some loafers to get the jobs i need to do done. I will have to look into the fuel filter trick as I am unsure how to access the line and insert the fuel filter chain. In my mind its a simple schematic, but real world is not the same as on paper.

I am guessing I will have to get under the car to access fuel lines? I just started a new jobs so funds should be slowly coming in rather than strictly going out ;)

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You should be able to do it from the engine bay. I'm assuming it's a 318 and is the same as any other. Just buy some rubber fuel line and the filters. Run the rubber line out of the top (outlet) of the first filter and chain the others in then feed the outlet of the last one into the steel line that runs to the carb. Clamp well. Don't want any fuel leaks. This is temporary just to see if any crap comes out of the tank.

Also Dodger Roger is absolutely correct. Take the cap of and smell the gas first. You'll know if it's bad. If it is I'd be trying to siphon out as much as possible. No good can come from feeding garbage gas through anything.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
After pondering this.....
Realistically adding one clear filter after the real one would no doubt suffice. You'll see if there's any crap coming through. Adding two more is probably overkill.

I'll post pics tomorrow and show you how I'd do it if you like.

moreada

Reaction score
I would love to see photos if it isn't too late. I've been trying to take as many as possible along the way but work gets out of hand and i end up getting too much done to take progress pics. Much appreciated.

Aspen500

Reaction score
About the radiator. If it cools the engine good,,,,,,,,run it (for now). Not sure about where you are but here we've got an excellent radiator shop that can do a recore at about 1/2 what a whole new radiator costs. Might want to at least look into it.

Side note: they also make the repro radiators for big blocks and Hemi's........Kind of cool having a place like that and they are definitely Mopar friendly! http://www.restorationradiators.com/

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I would love to see photos if it isn't too late. I've been trying to take as many as possible along the way but work gets out of hand and i end up getting too much done to take progress pics. Much appreciated.

Apologies my man.....been busy as hell. I'll snap some pics today.

moreada

Reaction score
No need to apologize sir!

She's a rainy one today so I am just enjoying some television and pondering the next steps ;)

UPDATE on ROCK AUTO:

I managed to get a lot of brake parts (pads, rotors, front calipers, rear shoes) and a radiator with brass tanks, hoses and a few other small bits for $500 CDN shipped to my box in N.Y. from Rock Auto. Shipping here added a great deal. Like $350. Since I am planning on getting a few orders from other places, it may prove to be very wise to do. Just need to do the paperwork myself.

WHEN CHANGING THE RAD FLUID OUT:

Do I need a special funnel etc? I have to go out and grab a few things, before I try to turn it over, but want to flush it today. Was going to grab one of these:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/autom...e&utm_source=AskAndAnswer&utm_content=Default

And the directions I was gonna follow was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOu_Si3gdbs

Sorry for all the questions. I suppose these are the things I would have learned from my dad over the years. Then again, he may have just taught me to take it to the shop haha.

Last edited:
Back