Random Pics

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I know that parts books are posted on the forum as .pdfs, but I've always found it easier to flip through actual pages. So I picked up parts catalogs for '80 and '88. This way I can have early and late part numbers at my fingertips.

I'm so excited. Excited about parts books... I'm officially old now I guess

View attachment 50715

I like having both. I much prefer looking through the paper manuals but when I'm actually doing something I like being able to print out pages from the pdf so that you don't have to worry about getting them all greased up touching pages with greasy hands or the manual flipping pages or closing on you. Before pdfs I used to photocopy the pages I needed.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I like having both. I much prefer looking through the paper manuals but when I'm actually doing something I like being able to print out pages from the pdf so that you don't have to worry about getting them all greased up touching pages with greasy hands or the manual flipping pages or closing on you. Before pdfs I used to photocopy the pages I needed.
I'm having a ton of fun flipping through because some previous owner neatly annotated part number changes, corrections, and how to ID certain parts.

MoparDan

Reaction score
FB_IMG_1693866423946.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score
Fixing the torn belts on our buffing machines, transfer table.
Basically a giant oscillating drum sander, then a small conveyor transfer table into an, Air Knife, which is a belt fed brush and vacuum to remove the leather dust from sanding.

IMG_6199.jpeg

IMG_6200.jpeg

IMG_6201.jpeg

IMG_6202.jpeg

Camtron

Reaction score
In high school, we took my buddies Durango to Pismo Beach with a fully loaded trailer of quads, dirt bikes, fire wood and 30 racks of beer. At some point of off roading, the transfer case went out and we were stuck in 2WD…thing mobbed the dunes like it was a built prerunner. Never came close to getting stuck. Come time to leave, we got nervous about pulling the trailer, particularly because at the entrance to Pismo Beach, there’s a river crossing that gets real deep and washes out real bad…but to our amazement, the Durango pulled the loaded trailer through the soft sand and through the river crossing in 2WD without any issues at all.
I will always have a spot in my heart for a early 2000s Durango with a 5.9mag and 4x4, lol

Camtron

Reaction score
Our Cordovan department. Shell Cordovan is our top shelf leather. It’s still made the same way we did it 118 years ago. These are shavers that still use a manual foot treadle to control the cutting depth of the shaving cylinder. We have two guys that have mastered running them and one of them is due to retire.
We have new modern shavers that have set mechanical adjustments but, there’s a visible difference in finish and quality at the end of the process so, we stick to the old hand crafted method for the Shell Cordovan.

IMG_6203.jpeg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Its always interesting seeing these older buildings and equipment that keep going with what they've always been doing. No change for the sake of change.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Our Cordovan department. Shell Cordovan is our top shelf leather. It’s still made the same way we did it 118 years ago. These are shavers that still use a manual foot treadle to control the cutting depth of the shaving cylinder. We have two guys that have mastered running them and one of them is due to retire.
We have new modern shavers that have set mechanical adjustments but, there’s a visible difference in finish and quality at the end of the process so, we stick to the old hand crafted method for the Shell Cordovan.

View attachment 50854
It's nice to see equipment that has paid for itself probably a hundred times over still churning out product.

How'd that motor hanging go?

Camtron

Reaction score
Its always interesting seeing these older buildings and equipment that keep going with what they've always been doing. No change for the sake of change.
oh yea, very.
We’re a solid example of a 20th century time capsule. We still use a rooftop water tank for our fire sprinkler system; us and 8-12 other buildings are the last in the city to use a water tank for fire sprinklers. Employ two polish carpenters to maintain the building. It’s part of three things, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, new has often not proved better and city permits. Basically we only exist at this point because we’re grandfathered in on a lot of aspects and have a very loyal customer base (Wilson sporting goods being the biggest and oldest handshake contract we have), moving to a new location entirely, will never happen.
It's nice to see equipment that has paid for itself probably a hundred times over still churning out product.

How'd that motor hanging go?
Much easier than anticipated. Cut a sheet of particle board and nailed it to the pallet so I had a smooth surface to work on. Made wobbling the motor into place real easy. 10 out of 10 would recommend, lol

Camtron

Reaction score
Here, You build your car a little too “nice” (this ain't my flavor) and the wrong person happens to like it; gone.

IMG_6207.jpeg

MoparDan

Reaction score
Goodness .... I laughed so hard at this one.
Horrible 2 weeks with healthcare for husband -- 8 days in hospital, out for 5 back to ER for 6 hours, back home now.
This kinda says it all -- our ER visit was self inflicted.... this is too funny.
Maybe I just need more sleep.
LOL
Thanks for this moment!
JW
Your welcome, I'm glad it helped, best of luck with everything

Camtron

Reaction score
My wife pointed out to me, there’s a car mod I hate above all others that I’ve complained about since she’s met me…tinted/smoked tail lights.

IMG_6217.jpeg

Camtron

Reaction score
been listed consistently near me for close to 5 years. Guy normally has a Craigslist ad up too.

IMG_6219.jpeg

Back