Random Pics

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
As a comparison, the new one I got from the dealer around 2004 or so, was $425. List may have been more. I had the parts dept at the Ford dealer I worked at order it. So cost plus 10%. By that time only one side was still available or I'd have gotten both sides, wallet lightening as it would have been.
Seller only had the right side. He was nice enough to double check to see if he had the left.
Is it a cop car bar or civilian bar?
its a civilian bar, he checked to see if he had any police bars and he didn't

Overall I wasn't expecting to buy one, but it popped up on ebay, I slept on it, then I bought it. They need to be replaced on my car eventually anyways

Aspen500

Reaction score
Couldn't remember which side I was able to get new. Went out and looked, it was the left bar. Rebuilt the right bar when the parts were still made. Moog end mount assy and Mopar pivot bushing service kit (bracket, plate, bolts, bushing, etc).

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Couldn't remember which side I was able to get new. Went out and looked, it was the left bar. Rebuilt the right bar when the parts were still made. Moog end mount assy and Mopar pivot bushing service kit (bracket, plate, bolts, bushing, etc).
I'll have to scrounge around for the other bar and parts, but that has to happen after I get the axle in and do the steering conversion. The weather is getting better to work on the ground.

When I was younger the weather didn't phase me. I swapped a gas tank laying on my back in a foot of snow, it leaked, and I had to do it again. Now I'm like meh, I'll wait until it's a cool dry day

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
Ventura County Sheriff's in California uploaded this. thought y'all would like it

409786209_18408320779037015_7664199686798704343_n.jpg

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
…those were the officers/county and cars I grew up with, lol
you wouldn't so happen to have any pics of any by chance? been researching these to make replicas for Grand Theft Auto 5 and have a whole folder full of old Ventura County Sheriff cars. i really like their white Crown Vics with the black stripe

cam211a.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score
you wouldn't so happen to have any pics of any by chance? been researching these to make replicas for Grand Theft Auto 5 and have a whole folder full of old Ventura County Sheriff cars. i really like their white Crown Vics with the black stripe

View attachment 52656
I wouldn’t likely have any of the Thousand Oaks PD, they were one of the bigger cities over the river and hills. I think Oxnard did white cars with a blue or black stripe too. But again bigger, little more money beach area. Where I lived in Fillmore, our cruisers looked just like the VTA County Sheriff cars but with our city seal and Police written on the door. Fillmore is/was a small rural agricultural area so, the police department is heavily supported and served as a main auxiliary station for the County sheriffs on the east side of the county working the rural housing/ranches off the 126 and SR23. All the City chief of police in the county are VTA sheriffs. I don’t know if it’s like that everywhere but theres never a “what’s the county sheriffs office doing working in my town without letting me know” it’s basically one and the same.

I’ll see what pictures I can get a hold of. My uncle should have some good one on his computer.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
Fillmore is a bit harder to find though if you play Grand theft Auto 5, the police station in Paleto Bay is based on Fillmore's. this is how we deciphered Blaine County is based on Ventura. i dug up A few Fillmore pics. they used to have their own Dept that was dissolved in 86 and became part of the Sheriffs Office. a friend from Camarillo sent me a bunch of retro pics but i'm always on the hunt for more

fillmorepolice2.png

Screenshot_132.png

Screenshot_130.png

271841848_1643003742714404_6347547488664741273_n.jpg

Screenshot_95.png

Screenshot_143.png

Camtron

Reaction score
Fillmore is a bit harder to find though if you play Grand theft Auto 5, the police station in Paleto Bay is based on Fillmore's. this is how we deciphered Blaine County is based on Ventura. i dug up A few Fillmore pics. they used to have their own Dept that was dissolved in 86 and became part of the Sheriffs Office. a friend from Camarillo sent me a bunch of retro pics but i'm always on the hunt for more

View attachment 52657

View attachment 52658

View attachment 52659

View attachment 52660

View attachment 52661

View attachment 52662

View attachment 52657

View attachment 52658

View attachment 52659

View attachment 52660

View attachment 52661

View attachment 52662
Crazy, I don’t remember those white and blue Gran fury’s at all, but we moved there in ‘92-‘93, definitely remember lots of white and black cars.
Weird that it’s in a game now.

Camtron

Reaction score
Oh shit, lol I went to high school with the current chief of police in Fillmore. Maybe if I ask nice he can have someone pull some pictures. They have to have some around the station.

Duke5A

Reaction score
$250 with free shipping from Texas. Considering the Firm Feel run of these was twice that per bar and had none of the brackets included, I think that's a fair price. Not a stellar price, but reasonable

That is a good price, but apples vs oranges to the FF piece though. Their bars are twice the spring rate.

Aspen500

Reaction score
My parts catalog shows one p/n for "All" and another for Police/Taxi H,N only (Aspen/Volare). Wonder what the actual difference is, and why only F-body Police is different but not M-body Police? Somebody will know I'm sure.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
My parts catalog shows one p/n for "All" and another for Police/Taxi H,N only (Aspen/Volare). Wonder what the actual difference is, and why only F-body Police is different but not M-body Police? Somebody will know I'm sure.
I'm seeing part numbers 4014142 and 4014143 for the civilian version and 4014288 and 4014289 for the M body police version.

80mirada

Reaction score
The difference between police and civilian bars are the bushing at the control arm. "Police Bars" had Moog sourced, and Civilian were TRW sourced. The spring rates are the same

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
The difference between police and civilian bars are the bushing at the control arm. "Police Bars" had Moog sourced, and Civilian were TRW sourced. The spring rates are the same
Thanks!
here's a random pic to put the thread back on track
BuffaloPolice1982DodgeDiplomat-vi.jpg

Back