Random Pics

Aspen500

Reaction score
Since they insist, it works for me!

microsoft_edge_screenshot_Aug 9, 2023 9_31_40 AM CDT.png.jpg

69-

Reaction score
I was just over to CVS and snapped this. Geez, the wait at the EV chargers is kind of long, lol. I've yet to see a single vehicle parked there.

View attachment 50612

At least, you have decent parking space over there... Here in Germany a shop needs to have so-and-so-many parking lots for the shop (=regulated); those parking lots are, of course, regulated in regard of minimum spaces - dating back to the time of the original VW Bug - width at around 2.1m (=7 ft)....
And to save space (=money), they mark them like that regulation...

Customer? Who cares...

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I was just over to CVS and snapped this. Geez, the wait at the EV chargers is kind of long, lol. I've yet to see a single vehicle parked there.

View attachment 50612
I had my first ride in an electric car today, a Tesla Model 3, so I naturally had a lot of questions and was polite.

After all the talk about how great it is, all the bells and whistles, how fast it is, how cheap it is to charge it, etc., I found out about some no so well advertised problems.
1) Tesla doesn't provide spare tires or even a goofy air pump. I know a lot of manufacturers have gone this way, but it gets worse. If you get a flat, and aren't smart enough to buy a full size spare and have the tools to change it yourself, you have to call a Tesla customer service number and wait for them to come out and change the wheel. And of course they bill you for it
2) Collison repair. Nobody will touch the car because Tesla won't release any sheet metal except to Tesla authorized service centers. So if you need a fender and can't get one off a parts car from an auction, you're getting a tow bill to the nearest service center hours away.
3) Towing. Don't let the battery die! Because if the battery is dead, then you can't put the car in tow mode. A flat bed will have to drag the car up on the bed. Because the of how the brakes work, the drive wheels lock while the car is off.
4) Basic repairs. Repair shops are refusing to touch anything beyond tire replacement. No one wants to be liable for these things, so your only service options are paying Tesla to come to wherever the car is or having it towed hours away to their service center.

And I guarantee their tow trucks are not electric

Aspen500

Reaction score
69, those unused charging stations are.on the corner of a huge parking lot. There's CVS pharmacy, Target, a big pizza restaurant, and right now a vacant store (was Goodwill until they moved) and something else I forget the name of. Got to be at least 500 spaces, and they're sized for normal size (for this country) vehicles. As bad as this country is f***** up right now, we forget it's worse in other countries.

69-

Reaction score
I'll take an appropriate picture for y'all to see yourself later today.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I was talking to a guy I know from the big Ford dealer on the north side. He said they've sold about 430 F150's this year so far. Guess how many were electric powered? A whole one. The others were all 5.0 or EcoBoost V6. Well OK, they also sold a grand total of two of that abomination named Mustang Mach-E. EV's are not popular around here. From what he told me, both Mach-E's have been in the shop more than on the road. Electrical problems,,,,,go figure.

69-

Reaction score
I'll take an appropriate picture for y'all to see yourself later today.
It looks like a lot of space, but my SL is more like a small car.... and imagine the place packed with like VW golfs (rabbit)
IMG_20230809_185541904_HDR.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score
I hate those assholes. Got blasted by one at a cruise.
I agree but, that’s the thing. Most people with programers/chips/tuners on their diesels aren’t rolling coal. Typically just guys looking for MPG, shift points for towing, ect…the coal rolling dudes are just the most visible (assholes) but, not the majority of customers. All in all, what this does is, opens up any aftermarket manufacturer making and selling non OEM compliant “performance parts” a target. This is the beginning of the end. Most companies just won’t build/risk millions in fines or want the responsibility for what their customers decide to put on public roads.

Camtron

Reaction score
I was talking to a guy I know from the big Ford dealer on the north side. He said they've sold about 430 F150's this year so far. Guess how many were electric powered? A whole one. The others were all 5.0 or EcoBoost V6. Well OK, they also sold a grand total of two of that abomination named Mustang Mach-E. EV's are not popular around here. From what he told me, both Mach-E's have been in the shop more than on the road. Electrical problems,,,,,go figure.
I grew up in, Studio City, California. Turns out, EVs are real popular there. Near where we lived, a neighborhood had a a bunch of underground explosions and lost power…too many EVs charging at night blew out the grid for the neighborhood. Much like Americas water pipes, our electrical grid is old, outdated and can’t support drastically sped up household demand for electricity.

Edit: to be clear, the explosions happened recently, not when I was growing up. Back then, there was a few, Prius around and they were a good joke to most people in, California at the time.

Last edited:

Duke5A

Reaction score
I agree but, that’s the thing. Most people with programers/chips/tuners on their diesels aren’t rolling coal. Typically just guys looking for MPG, shift points for towing, ect…the coal rolling dudes are just the most visible (assholes) but, not the majority of customers. All in all, what this does is, opens up any aftermarket manufacturer making and selling non OEM compliant “performance parts” a target. This is the beginning of the end. Most companies just won’t build/risk millions in fines or want the responsibility for what their customers decide to put on public roads.

I'm not dogging the tuning tech. I do know guys with tuners on their diesel trucks and you'd never know just driving down the road. The rolling coal dicks though...

jasperjacko

Reaction score

View attachment 50612
Ah yes, you're tax dollars at work. Federal, state, and local incentives are available in most states. All funded by the already overtaxed tax payer.

MoparDan

Reaction score
When I tried to work at a junkyard for a few months there was a windshield place almost next door and it seemed like at one point there were literally Mustang EV wagons there every day so theres some issue with their glass too, I don't know what they replaced or fixed

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score

69-

Reaction score
Did Ford built a car (well, OK, that's NOT a car) for the first time??
o_O

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
kx6kggtyc3t61.jpg
1e78fe594d0268f60f1d1c4eab09308f.jpg
vegan-eating-meat.jpg

I'd use a horse and buggy before getting an electric car. If there were still livery stables I'd probably drive a team to work everyday. It's not the lack of horses, it's the lack of infrastructure to support horse drawn vehicles. Wheelwrights, blacksmiths, livery stables, all gone. They're gonna try and do the same to gas powered cars next.

Back