Random Pics

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
By good you mean not rotted to the door handles wirh Fred Flintstone floors? LOL
Like all Chrysler products of the 90s to today, they sure did rot out really fast. Meanwhile I still see late 80s M bodies, mostly 5th Aves, knocking around. Just a handful though. I can't remember the last time I saw a cloud car

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Like all Chrysler products of the 90s to today, they sure did rot out really fast. Meanwhile I still see late 80s M bodies, mostly 5th Aves, knocking around. Just a handful though. I can't remember the last time I saw a cloud car

The full size cars didn't have rust problems only those smaller ones.

GregG48213

Reaction score
rot out really fast
Given enough time and exposure, FMJ bodies will rot out like anything else. After sixteen Michigan winters, the rockers on my '88 Diplomat had rusted to the point where I couldn't use the sill jack to change tires anymore (although they looked okay from the outside). The first year (1976) F-bodies were actually recalled to replace the front fenders because of premature rust.

Camtron

Reaction score
On the market in, Illinois. Guys taking offers with a meager, $10k starting point for negotiating.

IMG_6777.jpeg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Given enough time and exposure, FMJ bodies will rot out like anything else. After sixteen Michigan winters, the rockers on my '88 Diplomat had rusted to the point where I couldn't use the sill jack to change tires anymore (although they looked okay from the outside). The first year (1976) F-bodies were actually recalled to replace the front fenders because of premature rust.
16 years is pretty good for a rust belt car

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
idk why i could never get down with the 77-79 Dip. looks like a boneless LTD/Lincoln Versailles
I'm biased because my interior is out of a 78. There were a bunch of unintended improvements. Switching it over gave me more leg room. My left knee doesn't hit the door anymore. The armrest is actually usable and the door handle isn't in an awkward position.

The exteriors are ugly though, I'll give you that

Back