Real mopar people dont act that way

airlifter141

Reaction score
Cabot ,Ark,,formerly of wichita falls Texas
my friends , I have been a part of mopar since the early sixties, and I have met a few friends on F body and the other mopar forums> BUT I am beside myself at the way some people get on here and cuss others for whatever reason ,ramble on about so an so being no good, and it goes on>> I thought most of us were adults and MOPARITES stand together not fight like we were brand X or even Brand F. Come on we help each other with answers to fix it questions,, how to 's and have you seen this car,, why be like the other brands especially the import rice burners or the european ,,we are a group that should be able to stand shoulder to shoulder like some of us that serve and served in the military. IF you got a beef send em a private message and own up , lets git back to being the most horsepowerful group in AMERICA<< THANK YOU<<<DON:evil6::pottytrain5:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry but some do. Were you on FABO when this was a sub-forum over there. They used to beat us with a stick. It got so bad Joey contacted me and we started this site. Sorry to remind you but there are Mopar people that are jerks. I have even been accused of being one. The main reason we are all here is to have fun, share our interests in these cars and help each other out. Everyonce in a while it gets off center then it corrects itself.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
my friends , I have been a part of mopar since the early sixties, and I have met a few friends on F body and the other mopar forums> BUT I am beside myself at the way some people get on here and cuss others for whatever reason ,ramble on about so an so being no good, and it goes on>> I thought most of us were adults and MOPARITES stand together not fight like we were brand X or even Brand F. Come on we help each other with answers to fix it questions,, how to 's and have you seen this car,, why be like the other brands especially the import rice burners or the european ,,we are a group that should be able to stand shoulder to shoulder like some of us that serve and served in the military. IF you got a beef send em a private message and own up , lets git back to being the most horsepowerful group in AMERICA<< THANK YOU<<<DON:evil6::pottytrain5:

Canada too. Brilliantly said Sir. Thank you.

Last edited:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Where's the fighting?:icon_geek:
Only minor dusting was a L guy and his family AFIK.:icon_cyclops_ani:

But sorry, there are anal Mopar owners and their $100 NOS date coded washers.

There are Mopar sites I would be eaten alive and laughed at if they knew what was in my driveway.

This why I come to a F,M,J board. Even the A guys laugh at us.

holmes

Reaction score
AMEN!!!!!!! Could not agree more!!!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Where's the fighting?:icon_geek:
Only minor dusting was a L guy and his family AFIK.:icon_cyclops_ani:

But sorry, there are anal Mopar owners and their $100 NOS date coded washers.

There are Mopar sites I would be eaten alive and laughed at if they knew what was in my driveway.

This why I come to a F,M,J board. Even the A guys laugh at us.

You know, there's always gonna be good guys and bad guys in any forum, club, hobby etc. that's just how it is. Our job here is to be the good guys and help each other out. I understand what you're saying, there are some out there with date coded butt plugs who give you attitude but for the most part the majority are good guys and the ones who aren't are probably just pissed because they spent about $200,000 more than you on their car than you did and you drive yours just as much as they do. Hell, maybe more cause some of these guys own trailer queens. I was at a show with my Caravelle once and I had a couple of Road Runner/Cuda guys sluff me off like my car was a piece of crap but half way through the show, I had more people checking out my Super Six than their 440' s . Some of these guys are cheque writers too. They didn't build their car..they bought it. Most people who work on their own respect the other guys. Let's set a good example, have fun and help out your fellow Mopar brothers and sisters. I even help my buds wrench their Fords, Chevys whatever. They're all just cars. I just happen to like the best ones. (humor). Happy wrenching Y'all.

Last edited:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Eric wins with an F at the Autorama. Why? Everyone has seen lots of B/E/A's.

Look at this pic. Who got more comments on their car? And I paid less than a tune up on the Viper.

St Thomas.jpg

Eastyorker

Reaction score
I would take the Viper. Then promptly take the driveline out and install in an M-body.

Was there ever a manual trans M body? Think the 360 was the largest as well? With this Pro Touring thing going on it be neat to see a Pro Touring Caravelle? Or even a ProStreet one.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I would take the Viper. Then promptly take the driveline out and install in an M-body.

Was there ever a manual trans M body? Think the 360 was the largest as well? With this Pro Touring thing going on it be neat to see a Pro Touring Caravelle? Or even a ProStreet one.

According to allpar You could get a Slant with an A230 three speed manual. For 79 Only, you could get an A833 four speed with overdrive. From 77-79 you could get a 360.
Mind you they also say you could get an A833 with a 318, so I'm not 100% sure that the 79 only thing wasn't for Slants only. bremereric has an A833 on his Aspen, he might be able to shed some more light.

Last edited:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score

Welcome to earth.
Been done a few times. One of the Mopar mags did it and member Cudazappa had a 79 Dip road racer.

Just heading out. I'll post links later.

There were a few manual M's that for out, but it's like 5 per yr. 360 4bbl was available too.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
There were not haters but unbelievers at the Houston Autorama. Majority of my Mopar club was there. I have the only F-Body in the northern half of Houston. I was competing against five other cars In the 1973-1978 Restored class.

This was mine.

IMG_0062.jpg

And this is one of my club member's Cuda that I was competing with.

IMG_0124.jpg

She gave some excuses why she didn't win I was just glad I did win. The year before I got third in class.

Eastyorker

Reaction score
I know all about the trans. set ups with the F-bodies. When I had my '80 Aspen (Slant/Auto) buddies had a slant with a 3speed stick with O/D. Another had a 360 auto that was quick and unassuming. Be nice to get another F-body with a 360/stick if I can't find a suitable M-body.
I've never seen a stick M-Body though.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I know all about the trans. set ups with the F-bodies. When I had my '80 Aspen (Slant/Auto) buddies had a slant with a 3speed stick with O/D. Another had a 360 auto that was quick and unassuming. Be nice to get another F-body with a 360/stick if I can't find a suitable M-body.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Otu2IG_f-4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Stick.

Last edited:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score

I've seen 4 or 5 factory ones pop up. Where the rest are?

Eastyorker

Reaction score
Well, I'll have to start looking a little harder now. Did it when I found my Zephyr.

ramenth

Reaction score

I wanna know what the hell brought this on.

Except, as what has been pointed out, one dust up, this site is full of members helping each other. Someone hasn't been reading the posts lately of members helping other members locate and buy cars, as well as encouragement on what to look for and help out with hard to find parts.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I wanna know what the hell brought this on.

Except, as what has been pointed out, one dust up, this site is full of members helping each other. Someone hasn't been reading the posts lately of members helping other members locate and buy cars, as well as encouragement on what to look for and help out with hard to find parts.

"Photos from my 2011 travels" that's where it started. All good now, I reckon.

Back