REAR SWAY BAR INSTALL

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
I bought a rear sway bar this past weekend at carlisle and plan on installing it. It did not come with the mounting hardware other than the end links. I could probably just order the parts from firm feel, which isnt a problem. my question is where does it mount in the car? anybody have one install on their ride? pics would be great. Thanks in advance.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The frame brackets slip over the subframe and are held with self tapping screws. The holes should already be there. You need spring plates with sway bar tabs or the weld on FF brackets.

Sorry no pics (my car doesn't have a rear bar) but someone else will have pics here.

Camtron

Reaction score
FF sells the end link tabs, those get welded onto the center of the trailing edge of the rear shock plates. FF rear frame hangers will tuck the bar higher than the stock location and do not use the factory frame holes. You’ll have to drill new holes in the rear frame rail and use the self tapping bolts they supply. If you can find factory AHB frame hangers, those do mount to the factory holes already in your rear frame rails.

Edit: also consider what you really want to do with the car suspension wise. If you want to leave it relatively stock or delete the ISO bushings and use A/B/C/E body style shock plates and have more shock/suspension options, the end link mounts for those and their rear sway bar are different than what came on our cars.

Last edited:

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Here are a few pics:

1) cross shot of how the bar mounts up to the frame rails, note that while I am using the factory frame rail brackets, the bushing retaining clamps are aftermarket

2) and this is what the bar end, where the end links are located, looks like

3) the last one is a side-by-side comparison of the factory bushing clamp and the aftermarket one I'm using

rear_end1.jpg

rear_sway_bar_iso_mount_link.jpg

10000155.JPG

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
Great pics. Where did you get the replacement bushings and end links from? Or did you order firm feels kit?

Duke5A

Reaction score
The end link mounting tabs are going to be your biggest issue. You can either keep the factory ISO setup (axle mounts to the springs in a rubber sandwich) or you can go with an earlier setup and directly mount the axle to the springs. If you opt the for the latter of the two Firm Feel sells a plate with the sway bar tabs already on it that goes between the axle and spring.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Great pics. Where did you get the replacement bushings and end links from? Or did you order firm feels kit?
ESPO (Springs'n'Things), F-ENR-9-6106 which I believe is actualy EnergySuspension part#.

Yup, quick check confirms!...in fact look their site up because they do offer kits that actually have the clamps along with the end-links themselves as well.

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
ESPO (Springs'n'Things), F-ENR-9-6106 which I believe is actualy EnergySuspension part#.

Yup, quick check confirms!...in fact look their site up because they do offer kits that actually have the clamps along with the end-links themselves as well.
just checked out the website, looks like you have to give them a call. unless they have a online order section I cant find.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yes, you do need to call. The woman that answers the phone (the times I've called) is the friendliest, nicest person you'll ever find.

Back