Rocker panels

531SuperCoupe

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the M body uses the same rockers as the F Body? Would rocker patches for an 85 Fifth Ave be the same contour as the F Body?

Oldiron440

Reaction score
The number of doors will be a problem so you would need to do some fabricating any how so why don’t you just have them folded up. I’d lave them made from 20ga galvanized then trim to fit.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The parts catalog shows one number for Aspen/Volare 2 dr only, and another for 2dr M-body and 4dr and wagon F and M body.

No idea if the shape is the same for all and the only difference is the length of the rocker though.

531SuperCoupe

Reaction score
Could greatly open the options for donor pieces If they are. Guess its worth a shot to try. Just need a few small sections for patches.

kmccabe56

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the M body uses the same rockers as the F Body? Would rocker patches for an 85 Fifth Ave be the same contour as the F Body?
Yes, the contour itself will be the same. The length is the only difference as has been pointed out above. If you're only doing patches, one rocker panel could be cut up to do all you need.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It's a pretty basic rocker panel. For only patches it's probably easier to make from scratch.

Back