side door Mirror cutting - help & info needed

slant6billy

Reaction score
OK friends. I mentioned on the RR 4 sale post my Ram issue abit, but this could be any mopar or rare car. My mirror flexed as I hit the wall and popped out the lense- to which I drove over and cracked. Please note, these were not stock mirrors (Carbon Fiber M3 style by APC). These cannot be bought any longer. This was that really cool blue Euro style mirror. Depressing so far....

So do Auto glass repair shops do this type of needle in the haystack work or are most just parts in parts out? I may attempt to get a larger F150 driver mirror lense from the auto parts store and trace out my shape and cut it myself.

Now Youtube has tons of video of guys cutting glass and mirrors. I don't know enough to get around the pitfalls;
thin tempered mirror/glass, backing glass/ mirror, cutting curves in mirrors.
Any help here friends? Or Advice? I'm in a state of severe discouragement.
thanks

901025MCF dodge.jpg

busted dr lense.jpg

BHA43

Reaction score
I have my glass guy cut mirrors to cover up the "objects are closer than the appear" mirrors on my tow trucks & snowplow trucks. Then epoxie the new one over the old. With yours being broken off I don't know?

OK friends. I mentioned on the RR 4 sale post my Ram issue abit, but this could be any mopar or rare car. My mirror flexed as I hit the wall and popped out the lense- to which I drove over and cracked. Please note, these were not stock mirrors (Carbon Fiber M3 style by APC). These cannot be bought any longer. This was that really cool blue Euro style mirror. Depressing so far....

So do Auto glass repair shops do this type of needle in the haystack work or are most just parts in parts out? I may attempt to get a larger F150 driver mirror lense from the auto parts store and trace out my shape and cut it myself.

Now Youtube has tons of video of guys cutting glass and mirrors. I don't know enough to get around the pitfalls;
thin tempered mirror/glass, backing glass/ mirror, cutting curves in mirrors.
Any help here friends? Or Advice? I'm in a state of severe discouragement.
thanks

slant6billy

Reaction score
Looking at it again, the mirror backing plate has four clips. The round puck inside the carbon fiber housing has 4 knobs that the clips attach to. It looks likeit can be re-attached, but I'll let my glass guy make that attemp. Thanks for help down off the ledge. If it were Chevy, I could buy it for sure.
thanks man

Back