Small block TF727 transmission and B-body 8 3/4 rear axle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Contact seller
I´m looking for a TF727 transmission and rear axle from (what I´ve red about) B-bodied MoPar for my Dodge Aspen final exam, so I´d rather go with projects or in pieces- type of bunches. Unfortunately, as an evening student, I cannot come across the sea but I can pay for shipping and packing.

Added to TF-727: I´m specifically looking for lock-ups, but non- locking also given a thought.

-Kaitsu

Kaitsu

Reaction score
I´d rather go something in between, leaning a bit on the fast take offs. I don´t know my ratio, I don´t know if there are standards.
What do you think the shipping could be for the axle? Doesn´t it fit in an L- size pallet?

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
The 904 /999 transmissions have a lower 1st gear, then the 727.
You can easily find the ratio of your current 8.25
Jack the rear up.
Place transmission in neutral.
Spin tire one revolution and count how many times the drive shaft spins.
If the rear has an open differential,
Chock the passenger side wheel while rotating the drivers side wheel two revolutions and count how many times the drive shaft spins.
The shaft will probably spin 2.76, 2.94 or 3.23 times

Last edited:

Locomotion

Reaction score
...and a 904/999 will be a little lighter and smaller! But you'll need a different driveshaft.

To be safe, I just wanted to ask if you knew that lock-up and non lock-up converters and transmissions don't interchange.

Also, you didn't specify if you were looking for a rebuildable core or one ready to go.

Good luck,
Myron

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Yes, I knew that locks and non-locks won´t mix, it is the thing in the bellhousing that misses from non- lockups which makes lockups lock up. (wise words....) I had in mind that the tranny/axle most preferably would be in pieces and tranny could be assembled with master overhaul kit. The same goes for the rear. I´m supposed to learn from this project to repair an automatic transmission (very rare skill up here), Carburated engines and rear. Later, I need to overhaul brakes and body. Last but not easiest I need to go for interior and electric systems. Basically after all this is done, I should have one Aspen straight from Detroit assembly line, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back