SOLD Spool Type Motor Mount Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryS

Reaction score
Not a clue myself....just a thought.
Would Schumacher maybe have anything you could use?

Already gave them a look, and they have nothing for my application.

If I can just get the top part of towers/saddles that the bolts fit into, I can add-on pieces to make them fit the frame.

I parted out a '79 Aspen a few years ago and wondered if I should pull the K-member before they hauled off the hulk, but decided against it. Now I wish I had kept it!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Already gave them a look, and they have nothing for my application.

If I can just get the top part of towers/saddles that the bolts fit into, I can add-on pieces to make them fit the frame.

I parted out a '79 Aspen a few years ago and wondered if I should pull the K-member before they hauled off the hulk, but decided against it. Now I wish I had kept it!

If an F body K member would help you out I'd think F body deconstructor Jim might be your man.

BHA43

Reaction score
Search ebay for 340 motor mounts. I got some hot rod kit that bolted to the motor then had a biscuit type insulator and a bracket that welds to the frame for a project I have going they were like $30? if still on there. You can kinda see it here I trimmed quite a bit off the frame mount here!
fleet 015.jpg

fleet 015.jpg

BHA43

Reaction score
Here is the project. Matched pair of marine 354 Hemi's one runs forward one reverse hooked @ the flywheel. If it works a 41 Windsow coupe body gets fitted over it decked out as a moonshine runner.
fleet 016.jpg
fleet 017.jpg
fleet 018.jpg

fleet 016.jpg

fleet 017.jpg

fleet 018.jpg

GaryS

Reaction score
Thanks for the photos...that looks like a project to keep you busy for a few years!

I considered the aftermarket hotrod mounts, but this car will be driven a lot so I elected to go with the latest stock Mopar mounting system. Having a generic motor mount fail in the middle of nowhere is something I would like to avoid.

The spool type mounts are available anywhere and usually for less than $10 each. Even NOS can be had for $35. I didn't think it would be difficult to find the saddles they fit into. I have a couple of prices locally, but I can buy a whole car for not much more than what they want for five minutes with a Sawzall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back