steel wheel help? mid 70's 15" mopar

Vdart

Reaction score
I'm going to look at these Sunday-- owner says they are 15x7" can anyone direct me or tell me the rim width & back spacing of these?

anyone run these on an "A" body or similar sized car? thanks Lawrence

20140906_173450.jpg

Vdart

Reaction score
I know they a re 4 1/2" bolt circle-- what is the width of these wheels?
is there a way to measure with tires on them? thanks

greyghost

Reaction score
What I just recently used was an 18" steel ruler with 2 adjustable square heads on it. I use the square heads like a caliper to measure the overall tire width. Then I lay a straightedge (a 24" scale, straight 2x4, straight piece of metal) across the tire and measure from the bottom side of the straightedge down to the edge of the rim (about where the tire bead would be). Take this measurement from both sides of the tire, add them together then subtract that total from your overall tire width and it should get you close enough to know the rim width. On the backside of the tire, with the straightedge still laying across the tire, measure from the bottom of your straightedge to the rim mounting surface (where the rim mounts to the axle). Take that dimension and subtract it from the previous dimension you got from measuring from the bottom of your straightedge down to the edge of the rim (on the backside). This dimension will be your backspace. Granted not everybody has these tools. I'm lucky. These tools are part of what I have left from 35 years of building machine tools.

cordoba-rick

Reaction score
Cool...someone who can use tools and think. you have the respect of many who are like you. Awesome!!!

Vdart

Reaction score
thanks I ended up buying them-- they actually have chrome around the slots & argent paint in the middle. I have a friend with a fury --will see if he is interested , Lawrence

Back