Stumped

Mr C

Reaction score
I was away last week on business. My son drove it without any problems, so I'm optimistic.

The big test will be tomorrow's full commute.

Mr C

Reaction score
Well, it appears to be fixed! To work and back and I was showing my tail lights to ricers all over town.

I guess the ECU was on the way out. That never happened to me like that before. Normally they just quit.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Well, it appears to be fixed! To work and back and I was showing my tail lights to ricers all over town.

I guess the ECU was on the way out. That never happened to me like that before. Normally they just quit.

there are different modes, and conditions that it will respond to. It could work perfectly fine until it reaches a point where it switches over to a mode that may have a broken or loose component in the computer itself. glad it worked out for you!

kkritsilas

Reaction score
it is possible that some of the solder joints in the original ECU are cracked. With heat, they become open or intermittent. Considering the age involved, the vibrations from the engine, and the number of heat/cold cycles the car has gone through in its lifetime (all of which contribute solder joint cracking/failures), this is a very real possibility.

Kostas

Back