Stupid reality TV

slant6billy

Reaction score
OK, It's obvious:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/pi...rly-entirely-fake-report/ar-BBi0f5J?ocid=iehp

Pimp my ride was just too MTV or Empty V. Just like The Real world or road ruls or Jerzy shore.

When any car is made to be a joke with multiple TV headrests, incense pit, lava rocks, waterfall, and is still butt ugly- it show's the mindset of the mindless.

Now, if a show was out there helping folks with vehicle needs and not pimping the ride like a spent ho, it would be both entertaining and teaching good human spirit.

How many folks with a wounded Veteran, handicap child, elderly parent need a van or a car with a wheelchair lift or hands only controls? There was an episode of Phantom auto works where the guy took an SS chevelle and cut the car up to accept a wheelchair. I loved seeing chevy guys cringe. However, some veteran might just get a little bit of happiness ripping the tires on that SS.

My rant, but NO SHIT MTV is the Devil crap my Dad always said it was doing no good for anyone.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I bailed on TV in general around 10 years ago or more.
Haven't had cable for at least 6 or 7 years.
There is nothing and I mean nothing on it that I would waste my time watching.

They have made a point of making TV for 4 year old adults and have succeeded. I'd rather get a colonic irrigation than subject my brain to the landfill that pukes out of that lightbulb in a box now.

I watch maybe two car shows on youstooge once in a while.
Roadkill and Jay Leno's garage.

Other than that....at age 50 I figure I've earned my right to live in television past. I just finished the first season of Starsky and Hutch....totally forgot what a cool show that was.....and no I've never seen the puke inducing movie with of all people Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson. I'd rather wash my eyes with Comet cleanser thank you....

Music, movies, TV shows....it's all mindless shit now.
I'll pass.....and go throw on a Rockford Files instead.

My saying for the reality tv folks had always been
"Why live life when you can watch it on TV?"

Your dad is right Billy.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
im a big tv fan ,and even a slight few reality shows ,,but mostly sci-fi and the learning channel stuff

BHA43

Reaction score
I just got 7 seasons of the Dukes and 3 of Northern Exposer, won't be any Opra or Dr Oz on when I'm rehabing from the new hip!

Monkeyed

Reaction score
I bailed on TV in general around 10 years ago or more.
Haven't had cable for at least 6 or 7 years.
There is nothing and I mean nothing on it that I would waste my time watching.

They have made a point of making TV for 4 year old adults and have succeeded. I'd rather get a colonic irrigation than subject my brain to the landfill that pukes out of that lightbulb in a box now.

I watch maybe two car shows on youstooge once in a while.
Roadkill and Jay Leno's garage.

Other than that....at age 50 I figure I've earned my right to live in television past. I just finished the first season of Starsky and Hutch....totally forgot what a cool show that was.....and no I've never seen the puke inducing movie with of all people Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson. I'd rather wash my eyes with Comet cleanser thank you....

Music, movies, TV shows....it's all mindless shit now.
I'll pass.....and go throw on a Rockford Files instead.

My saying for the reality tv folks had always been
"Why live life when you can watch it on TV?"

Your dad is right Billy.

that owen wilson/ben stiller movie was cringe worthy. there were a very few good moments in it, not the least of which was the original starsky and hutch making a brief cameo.

I need to cut the channels down pretty badly. I'm paying extra for 150 channels I will never watch in order to get 2. for 2 shows, Top Gear on the bbc, and the walking dead on A&E, and that's it. that's the extent of my tv habit. I need to find some old Miami Vice episodes, I was too young to watch them and get it at the time, but I always knew (just like everyone else) that they were ice cold. recently saw part of an episode, and once you get past what was state of the art at the time, it still kicks @ss

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
that owen wilson/ben stiller movie was cringe worthy. there were a very few good moments in it, not the least of which was the original starsky and hutch making a brief cameo.

I need to cut the channels down pretty badly. I'm paying extra for 150 channels I will never watch in order to get 2. for 2 shows, Top Gear on the bbc, and the walking dead on A&E, and that's it. that's the extent of my tv habit. I need to find some old Miami Vice episodes, I was too young to watch them and get it at the time, but I always knew (just like everyone else) that they were ice cold. recently saw part of an episode, and once you get past what was state of the art at the time, it still kicks @ss

There's this crazy video store downtown that has every old show you can think of on DVD. Every season. That's where I'll be going. Miami Vice....I used to watch it all the time. Might have to grab that one too.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I just got 7 seasons of the Dukes and 3 of Northern Exposer, won't be any Opra or Dr Oz on when I'm rehabing from the new hip!

I've gotta load up on my Dukes. Only have season 2.
Really want to load up on Hee Haw too.

BHA43

Reaction score
I just put up an antenna and it gets 22 stations I'm going to kill the dish at home and internet at the shop. Getting my phone made into a hot spot & boost up the gigs then I can have it at home, shop and take it to Texas when I do that 1/2 year split. A little more for it but less than having it in 3 places and only using it 6 mo at a time!

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I wish they had a car program without all the stupid drama, and just showed guys getting it done! I too enjoy Leno's garage and Roadkill. They have fun without all the negative stuff.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I wish they had a car program without all the stupid drama, and just showed guys getting it done! I too enjoy Leno's garage and Roadkill. They have fun without all the negative stuff.

Exactly!
Just car guys having fun getting it done.
Finnegan and Freiberger are the best. Even when the project goes south temporarily they're still cool about it. No bullshit drama. Love that show.

All the other stupid shows....
"We're out of toilet paper!" (intense shaky camera close-up)
"Dammit! I told that beep to beeping beep beep beep......BEEP!
Such bullshit.....

Last edited:
Back