Sway bar retainer link/shaft bushing link

LSM360

Reaction score
Thanks to Volare77, I got the AHB part number, found 2 sets, and paid through the nose on ePay for nos ones. Ended up being almost $160 with tax and shipping for two complete links, 4 pieces
You found two NOS AHB ones?! That's great. Yeah expensive but so hard to find!

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
You found two NOS AHB ones?! That's great. Yeah expensive but so hard to find!
Based on the part numbers, yes. I hope when they arrive its the right thing.
download.png
NOS MOPAR 4014078 Link Sway Bar | eBay

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
The NOS Moog parts arrived today, still waiting on the links, apparently they're coming from Vancouver
20230712_162942.jpg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Typically NOS refers to factory parts. Those are just old new parts.
They didn't come on a boat from communist China, so I'm doing my part to save the environment and the economy.

This Diplomat is an environmentally friendly automobile. I'd argue that it is carbon neutral at this point. It would cause a lot more pollution to build a brand new car. Plus the parts I'm buying have already been made years ago so there's no new pollution from new parts

This Diplomat helps the economy. By sourcing my parts domestically, this Diplomat helps stimulate the economy.

So economically and environmentally, I can be more smug than those electric car bastards.

fetchimage.jpeg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
The tricky part is that the parts suppliers will make what sells (and profitably). If you don't buy from the usual sources (auto parts stores), then there's no reason to make old obsolete parts.
If the logic is part suppliers won't contract with Chinese companies to make Chinese parts to sell at Autozone because I won't buy the Chinese parts they already have, then that's a win.

There's tons of stuff here, sitting on people's shelves, just looking for a buyer.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Unfortunately, lately Moog stuff is nowhere near as good as NOS. Hopefully these are good.
Rubber seems good to me, nothing is cracked and it's still pliable. Plus it was cheap

Aspen500

Reaction score
Moog, a company that used to make some of the best parts, has really gone down the you know what. I can say the same about others also. Companies like Raybestos, Standard, on and on. Pretty much comes down to the Made in China thing. Before retiring I know we replaced alot more parts under warranty in the past 15 years than before, and it was getting worse. Parts that fail prematurely, fail 2 days after installation or are junk right out of the box. Not to mention parts you have to modify because THEY DON'T BLEEPING FIT. You'd think companies would figure it out when half what they make comes back for warranty that there's a problem.

I could say the same thing about too many other products but this is a car site.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Moog has been a problem for a long time. Over 20 years ago there were already problems of their rubber failing. I've had ball joint boots split and come apart within a year or two and the answer was its a lifetime warranty wait til the rest fails. Their sway bar bushings had problems too. I started either buying the cheapest ones i could find or black poly ones.

Aspen500

Reaction score
All I can think of is Chris Farley in Tommy Boy.

"I can take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, but all you've got is guaranteed piece of shit" How true......

I'd rather spend $100 once, than spend $50 every couple years to replace the cheap whatever it is. Things like that are why I keep my Kenmore fridge from 1974 (Made in USA) rather than replace it. It runs almost silent and works perfectly fine. Only bad part is it's avavado green. Could buy a new one, then again 10 years later, another 10 years after that......

Last edited:

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Great movie and great line.
Ironically a lot of the cheap stuff ends up lasting as long or longer then the more expensive stuff.
Our fridge is from the 80s but at least its white. Same situation. We know people who've had to replace their newer ones several times.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Moog, a company that used to make some of the best parts, has really gone down the you know what. I can say the same about others also. Companies like Raybestos, Standard, on and on. Pretty much comes down to the Made in China thing. Before retiring I know we replaced alot more parts under warranty in the past 15 years than before, and it was getting worse. Parts that fail prematurely, fail 2 days after installation or are junk right out of the box. Not to mention parts you have to modify because THEY DON'T BLEEPING FIT. You'd think companies would figure it out when half what they make comes back for warranty that there's a problem.

I could say the same thing about too many other products but this is a car site.
Agreed, the number of Chinese parts that arrive broken/wrong out of the box is ridiculous. I bought bearing hubs one time with new mounting bolts and the bolts that arrived were so long they'd have hit the backs of the wheel studs

Moog has been a problem for a long time. Over 20 years ago there were already problems of their rubber failing. I've had ball joint boots split and come apart within a year or two and the answer was its a lifetime warranty wait til the rest fails. Their sway bar bushings had problems too. I started either buying the cheapest ones i could find or black poly ones.
Good thing these are more than 20 years old lol

Great movie and great line.
Ironically a lot of the cheap stuff ends up lasting as long or longer then the more expensive stuff.
Our fridge is from the 80s but at least its white. Same situation. We know people who've had to replace their newer ones several times.
I bought a rebuilt fridge from the 80s a few years ago. Best fridge I've ever had. Cheap too. Rebuilt fridges are definitely the way to go.

So anyways :) Did you get the new parts put on the car?
Still waiting for the end links to arrive from Canada. I don't think I'm getting this car done anytime soon.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
All those rubber parts still age so chances are good its no better then what you can get now and might not even last as long. But at least it was also a better price.
If I used this as a daily driver I'd have invested in better parts. This thing sits all winter, which is like 6 months out of the year here. Plus it's better than what's on the car. In a few years I can buy more. Maybe even find something at an estate sale.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Agreed, the number of Chinese parts that arrive broken/wrong out of the box is ridiculous. I bought bearing hubs one time with new mounting bolts and the bolts that arrived were so long they'd have hit the backs of the wheel studs

Good thing these are more than 20 years old lol

I bought a rebuilt fridge from the 80s a few years ago. Best fridge I've ever had. Cheap too. Rebuilt fridges are definitely the way to go.

Still waiting for the end links to arrive from Canada. I don't think I'm getting this car done anytime soon.
Darn Candians ;) Maybe they could send them down here in the wildfire smoke, that seems to get here pretty quick (cough, wheeze) LOL

Back