Things are getting hot!

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
So my buddy and I finally have the wiring situated to the point of the st regis turn over again. We then found out that there was no power going to the coil so we thought the starter relay was shot and replaced that. Still no spark. So I investigated further and found some blown fuses, but while i was under the dash I touched the ignition time delay relay and it was super hot with the car off? Are they suppose to be hot all the time or only when the ignition is on?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I thought it gets power when the door is open. I've felt them hot before.

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
New question... we have all the wiring taken care of under the dash and under the hood on the st regis, Any time he kicks on the key it blows the fuse for the neutral safety switch. I know the wire going to the connector for the switch is good and the wire coming from the junction block is good. I traced it to a splice and the wire are good there as well. Is there any chance the switch could short out and pop the fuse?

Aspen500

Reaction score
No. The neutral safety switch grounds when the trans in park or neutral through the center wire (BR/Y) on the switch. The outer terminals are the B/U lights, and it closes the circuit. If it were shorted, the engine would start in any gear position.

Which fuse exactly is it popping? Keep in mind, most of the fuses feed multiple circuits and items which means multiple points of failure, or grounded circuit in this case.

Just reread your post. Did you mean neutral switch or ignition switch, when asking if the switch could be shorted?

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
well i thought it was the neutral safety, but now im leaning more towards the ignition switch mounted to the column. the fuse that keeps popping is a 20 amp it has a lead that goes to back up lamp side of the neutral safety switch. then there is a black 12 ga wire that is share between 2 spots on the fuse block, but i checked that wire and its still good.

Back