Took home Best Hot Rod

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Nova is a 10 at 10 feet. It is a 73 with a 69 front clip. Was a 307 by the radiator panel, anyway. Now has a 327 from his father's junk pile. The carb is sloppy. The trans is a barely holding TH350. Plus it is a small open diff rear. The chrome rims, also bought / stole them from his dad for 200.

PS: the red 60 corvette is his dad's. Not to mention Grand dad is a motor head too. So, it is helpful to trade parts in the family. Dad was smart to make the kid work for the parts. I talked with his dad, the kid got fair prices from his oldman. He still needs odds and ends, but drives that Nova to school every day. I've got a similar plan for my kid's cars. My oldest is 13 and she has already eyed up a few blue cheap F body coupes. My rule: anything mopar. Her request: as long as it is blue and her sister cannot get the same car. So 1 Aspen and 1 Volare is in the future.

I hope noone thought I was giving my cars to my kids. They get to build their very own
blue you say ? hmmmm
image(5).jpg

image(5).jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score

Nope, Too nice! I would go for a car with more open canvass. As in basket case material. I'm thinking a 4 door F body. I'm thinking taking a 4 door and making it into a 2 door sedan delivery / panel wagon. The idea is my kid want's an air brush kit- so, I figure a Volare panel wagon would be a large canvass for her to put her art on her car.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Plus she needs to learn to take the car apart and put it back together. It will be a good learning process for her. An exercise in patience, experience in things going wrong, Do overs, and re-dos.

Back