Trailer Trash

Justwondering

Reaction score
Sock color is my philosophy as well.
What's the purpose of socks?
Keep feet warm / dry / comfy.

Does sock purpose or effectiveness change due to color?
No

Ergo, sock color is eye candy, candy is colorful, doesn't have to match.

End of story.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Brother, the drinking season never seems to stop.... lol Fueled by work, daily life, camping, friends, relationships, ending of relationships...... ugh:(

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The only way my 9 year old daughter will wear the same color socks is
A: you paid her to wear matching socks
B: there are no other clean ones to wear – except for the last two – which just so happens to match.
C. if you laid them out for her with rest of her clothes (which is too much work).

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Is sitting on the roof of one of those RV's a good idea? I thought they had a rubber membrane roof; are you not worried about damaging it? Plus is that roof really deigned to support multiple people? Did you do special roof reinforcements for your spectator purposes? I like the addition of the railing. Is that permanent, or something that you install once you arrive on location of the race?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Is sitting on the roof of one of those RV's a good idea? I thought they had a rubber membrane roof; are you not worried about damaging it? Plus is that roof really deigned to support multiple people? Did you do special roof reinforcements for your spectator purposes? I like the addition of the railing. Is that permanent, or something that you install once you arrive on location of the race?

His roof definitely looks reinforced....almost looks like checker plate. I know my park model is aluminum. You can walk on it but I wouldn't want to party on it with other people.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
The standard rubber membrane was removed as was the 1/8" luan wood below that. There is a metal frame work, by no means designed to hold the weight of 10 drunken men.... lol
I removed the rubber and 1/8 wood.
I put down 1/2" 4'X8' marine grade plywood. I covered that with Grace Ice and Water Shield UnderLayment. And then put 4'X8' sheets of aluminum diamond plate down. No worries about damage from chairs or trees! The safety railing is 1.25" Rigid Aluminum Electrical Conduit with 3/4" Rigid Aluminum Conduit posts. The safety railing is easily assembled and disassembled. Once assembled, I teather the chairs and 8'X8' pop up tent to the rails of the safety railing using some 12AWG Solid Wire. Upon being disassembled, the safety railing lays on the roof and is tethered with the same wire.

CAM00482.jpg

CAM00036.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Very nice!!!
I'd do that to my trailer but then I'd be driving my buddy to the ER every weekend after he fell off.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Well done ob that roof build. That is one rockin' party machine!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Redneck innovations.......

My wife is all about lighting. It has to be the ultimate mood setting brightness, colour, etc....

Apparently according to her our outside deck lighting was too bright and we can't have that so......I made a redneck dimmer box. Now she can just dial it in. :D

20160821_130314.jpg
20160821_130305.jpg

And of course that's where I'll be this weekend.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I like it, Captain.

A question I have, is will it be in a location it can get wet?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I like it, Captain.

A question I have, is will it be in a location it can get wet?

Yes.....but.....I wrapped it in fashionable foil tape and I always leave it unplugged when it's not in use. I've blown up more than enough stuff in my younger years to know the precautions to take.....lol. :D

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Anchors Away
After the first real good wind storm I could tell that was wife was scared by the rocking of the trailer so I ordered some mobile home tie downs. I used grade 8 3/8" bolts on the front anchors and 5/8" bolts on the remainder. I have five done and three more to go. I have to turn them into the ground with a 2 1/2' pry bar. It is a good work out.

photo 1 (3).JPG
photo 2 (3).JPG
photo 3 (3).JPG

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well the annual Madoc agricultural fair is coming in two weeks. I never miss it. Horse draws, cow judging and the midway. Hoping the weather cooperates so I can take the Caravelle.

And of course they'll be crowning the new Miss Madoc Agricultural Ambassador :p

20160906_080841.png

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well.....another trailer season in the books. I shut it down and did all the winterizing yesterday. We still go up though. Now it'll be so quiet up there....and how can you resist watching this at night.

20161009_191942.jpg

Back