Two Green Wires Hanging Low

Justwondering

Reaction score
There are two green wires hanging low, just above the gas pedal.
One is dark green.
One is light green.

I assume one is a ground. The are hanging low enough to interfere with feet.

Is this an symptom of a bigger problem or just too much gravity.

IMG_3350.jpg

I checked my service manual but there is very limited information on color of wires. Perhaps this goes to the cigarette lighter?

IMG_3350.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
I believe they are for the HVAC system. Usually on Mopar's of that era the light green goes from the blower switch to the resistor and the dark green is power to the A/C clutch, provided neither has a stripe (just one solid color). From the pic, can't be positive about that however.

Ground would be a black wire in most cases.

Probably just gravity. The wires might have come out of the loom or wire holder, etc....

Justwondering

Reaction score
Loom.
So long as its not doom.

After the rain gets through here tomorrow, I'll get under there and see if I can relocate them a bit higher.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I believe they are for the HVAC system. Usually on Mopar's of that era the light green goes from the blower switch to the resistor and the dark green is power to the A/C clutch, provided neither has a stripe (just one solid color). From the pic, can't be positive about that however.

Ground would be a black wire in most cases.

Probably just gravity. The wires might have come out of the loom or wire holder, etc....

agree with you there. It is vacuum lines to the AC solenoid under the dash. When I yanked my heater core, I had those two in the way. There are some vac diagrams on the web .

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Probably too much gravity. Maybe check out another planet? lol

Justwondering

Reaction score
Pretty sure it was just a momentary gravity fluctuation...

I must admit, I have the diagram in my service manual (pg. 24-47), but I had no clue what it was or how to read it.

If I read this correctly it should be two rows (top with 3 and bottom with 4 lines).

Start at the bottom left - positions 1.2.3.4 above that are positions 5.6.7

Here is what is says:
Position 1 - Dark Green
Position 2 - Red
Position 3 - Violet
Position 4 - Sealed

Position 5 - Brown
Position 6 - Yellow
Position 7 - Light Green

Many thanks for setting direction for me.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Spend some quality time pretzeled under there with some cable-ties, and you'll be all good. Be gentle, however, with the stiff-style vacuum cables, you don't want to pull them out of their connectors or crimp any boots.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Pretzeled is the key.

There were the remains of a zip tie hanging in there and one still in good shape. I think all the lines are okay.

Although, I can't get the heat to come on unless I shove it as high as it will go and push the bi-level on and off a couple of times. This will get put on the project list to be sure.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, DOH! Those are the vacuum tubes aren't they (not wires)? The pic makes more sense now and my brain makes less, lol!

JerryH

Reaction score
Post #6 was absolutely correct. Did mine accordingly and everything works like it did before. Thank you!!

Back