Ugliest Car Ever!

Aspen500

Reaction score
ANY French car. I don't think I've ever seen a French car that looks even slightly good,,,,,,ever! With names like Citroen, Peugeot, and Renault, would you expect anything less than horrible looking? Besides, French cars are probably rude, hairy and smelly, lol.

citroen_ami.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
ANY French car. I don't think I've ever seen a French car that looks even slightly good,,,,,,ever! With names like Citroen, Peugeot, and Renault, would you expect anything less than horrible looking? Besides, French cars are probably rude, hairy and smelly, lol.

That thing would make a very cool golf cart to do booze cruises in at my trailer park.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Not all French cars are ugly. Some are actually quite beautiful. See these two:

800px-Alpine_A610.jpg
alpine_a310_1981_images_1.jpg

The blue one is a Renault Alpine A610 (late 80s-Mid 1990s). The white one is an Renault Alpine A310 (mid-late 1970s). Rear engine hanging out the back like a Porsche 911 (from what I understand, same issue with hitting the brakes hard in fast corners). Both are more in the Porsche 944 class, but a lot fewer of them around (almost all in Europe). You can see hints of the last generation Nissan 300ZX in the headlights, very Lamborghini Urraco in the rear part of the white car. Blue has some hints of Porsche 944S/944 Turbo in the nose and fender blisters, and of all things, sort of reminds me of the Subaru SVX in the glasshouse.

Have no doubt, there is a lot of French quirkiness in them, they just don't look ugly on the outside.

Kostas

800px-Alpine_A610.jpg

alpine_a310_1981_images_1.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I may be a heathen of sorts but I never got the euro thing....it's just me. I know they're cool cars but the design never did it for me. There's some British cars I really do like. The Bristol is one of my faves. The old Citroen's and Renault's were definitely very cool cars but for me when the full insect stance took over....that was it for me.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I stand corrected, those two are decent looking. As a general rule though, French cars are not very attractive.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Downright weird, in most cases. Some cars are boring, some are ugly. Most French cars have an aesthetic sense that just doesn't translate well. Growing up in Montreal, there were a lot of Citroen DS series cars. Odd looking. Some very interesting features. the the hydro-pneumatic suspension that would allow you to change ride height with a button on the dash. NOT LOAD LEVEL, up and down over a 8-9 in. range. You could change a flat tire without using a jack. Thing is, they looked like a cross between a frog (appropriately enough, I guess) and a torpedo. Turn signals were amber, and up near the top of the rrof. Strange, strange cars.

Kostas

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I heard you can drive a Citroen with a wheel missing.....well drive straight anyway.....obviously because of the leveling you're talking about??

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The only Euro cars I've ever really liked were the classic British cars......I always thought the Bristol 410 was pretty cool. And if memory serves.....Chrysler powered.

33015_1968-bristol-410.jpg

33015_1968-bristol-410.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
There's a lot of cars I think are excellent looking but have no interest in ever owning (even if I could afford them, lol). Aston Martin, some of the newer Jaguar models, certain Audi's, etc. About the only one I'd consider owning, for a daily driver, is what I think is one of the best looking late model cars out there. Don't beat me up on this but it's the latest style Ford Fusion.

Back to the ugly. I know, I know, Euro crap but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,an Audi R8 is a semi good looking car. Look what someone did to one of them. Eye of the beholder I guess.

Audi-Skoda.jpg

kkritsilas

Reaction score
It occurs to me to aske the obvious: Exactly why would you do this to an R8? I'm not a real fan of the R8, but its still a better looking car than this thing.

As for a British Car that may be of some interest, there is the Jensen Interceptor. See below:

Jensen_Interceptor_III.jpg

Reason for interest would be that it has a big block Chrysler engine (383 or 440 depending on the year) and a Torqueflite. It even used the 440 six pack during one year. Hand bult body and interior, and decent looking (to me anyway). Highest quality leather interior, built by hand as well. A few were built by Bristol.

Jensen_Interceptor_III.jpg

Back