Vinyl Top Opinions

What color for my vinyl top?

• Total voters

efriedrich

Reaction score
I'm repainting my LeBaron and replacing the vinyl top. The car will be painted the original color which is PB9 Starlit Blue Sunfire Poly. The top currently is the original light blue, V3B. Since the top will be a custom deal anyway and will have to be vinyl dyed to match the original light blue color, I'm thinking about having the top matched to the body color, actually a lot of M body vinyl tops match the body color anyway. Please give me your opinions, and by the way I like the top so not using it is not an option. I have a 5th that is also PB9 and it has a vinyl top thats very close to the body color and I think it looks good, but the lighter color top on the LeBaron does add some 70's character. Maybe I am just having second thoughts because the top is all faded and shitty looking.

55555555555.jpg

Last edited:

Jonno

Reaction score
I like the lighter contrasting colour the way it currently is.
Having a similar coloured roof to the body colour works for the 5th, but will come across looking pretty formal on two door LeBaron, especially in the darker colours.
The lighter coloured roof looks more relaxed, sportier, in my opinion.

Great looking cars dude!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Tough call dude.
On the one hand I sort of agree with jonno.
The contrast is cool.
But IMO the contrasting color is what makes it look formal.
Matching the body color would make it a bit more badass.
Sort of sleeper-ish too.
That's my vote.

Jonno

Reaction score
Haha Canadians are sooo opinionated!

Where the heck is the Doctor? Frank? EastYorker?

You guys sleepin' or what?

efriedrich

Reaction score
I appreciate the help I need to decide with in a few days and I really can't make up my mind. lol

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Squint your eyes... Vinyl's gone.
Open them... Vinyl's back.

Same as the car man.

B-A-D-A-S-S!

Forget what I said before about it being a tough call.

It's a no brainer for me now that I can picture it.

Just my opinion though.

Last edited:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Haha Canadians are sooo opinionated!

Where the heck is the Doctor? Frank? EastYorker?

You guys sleepin' or what?

Someone has to save the polar bears during the day.:icon_hockey:

I like the different color and since the data plate says it came that way, it's a little rare.

Type in 79 or 78 Lebaron 2dr on a search engine and count the ones with a different color roof. White with red roof are far more common than blue setups.

furyfrank

Reaction score
I had a 78 lebaron the same color and it had a white roof and I really liked it. But whitewalls would really help the car ( I hate blackwalls on these cars). White roof and whitewalls WOW.I have a 87 5th ave and it is white with a white roof on it and on the 5ths I think the same color roof looks good.

Last edited:

furyfrank

Reaction score
I voted just to make it a tie breaker . However , strip it down and make it the same as the rest of the car . I hate vinyl roofs.
I will say this on some cars the vinly roof does not look good on these cars it does. I always ask people how old they are and this gives me a clue as to their answers.:icon_winkle: I make a bet you don't like whitewalls either ?

Back