We Lost Lemmy

Aspen500

Reaction score
Dang man, I always figured Lemmy would be a little better, ummmmmmmmmm, well,,,,,,,,,,endowed. lol
What kids are stuck with now IF they listen to the teeny bopper stations around here is pathetic. There is hope though. I've worked on cars driven by high school kids at work, dropped off by the kid and the radio is tuned to one of the good stations that plays music like Motorhead, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Metallica,,,,,,,,,,well, you get the idea. There's 2 teeny bopper stations here and one is called "Hot 96" and I'll give you one guess what's played on that stomach turning station!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Same here. There's one "Top 40" type station and one dance/rap/crap station. On the other hand there's a "Classic Hits" station (formerly known as a so called oldies station) that plays late 60's through late '80's mostly, at least 3 "classic rock" stations, a middle of the road(?) '80's through 2000's that plays everything from Motley Crue to Madonna to Go-Go's(!!!) to Guns 'n Roses. Also one other that plays new hard rock or whatever it's called, that I personally don't care for at all to be honest. So I guess were about 4:1 also.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Unfortunately my area sucks for good radio. Phila may had been good in the 70s, but corporate commercial radio made it way to sanitized over the years. One rock station and one classic rock, but it is radio repeat. Same Doors song, same Beatles, Same Who, with lots of commercials. Local College (Rowan University) has decent Saturday afternoon as long as no Sports going on. The Phila area has a hard on for Springsteen, Neil Diamond, and Dave Matthews. God forbid a B side gets played from any band that wasn't non risky. I played some Robin Trower and people thought it was Hendrix. They liked it and I got to think how much people missed out on good tunes. Motorhead is just one example. It never got airplay in Phila. If it was not for 80s Mtv with Metalshop, Headbangersball, Metalmusic 1/2 hour, Hard60, Hard30, I'd never would have heard of bands like Motorhead. I mean I saw that first Tesla Video "Modern Day Coyboy" in 9th grade afterschool and went out and got an acoustic guitar. Only a small handful of students knew what it was I was playing. I do remember Metallica's "Fade to Black" getting air play on the now gone 94 WYSP in 1986. I have memories of it coming over the radio as I built my first small block. I remember getting out to the very few underage venues that featured bands and getting free demo tapes from the bands and even buying tapes when the band was that good. There was a metal band in the late 80's call Sic Vicky. It was a local club band, but they did a metal version of the Coyote Roadrunner theme song. Frikkin coolest thing. I remember the guitar player having a left handed Jackson V with a Floyd Rose Trem - but the trem arm was above the strings. It was a right handed tremelo. Floyd did not make a left at the time. Maybe I'm just weird. I like mopars that most people think are ugly and dig music that most people think is vulgar and crude. Screw em!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Pretty much the deal here too. All the stations here don't know there was a B side. Our big classic rock station is Q107. Very fitting because I'm sure they only have 107 songs that they play over and over.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I'm computer challenged, so I dunno why it doesn't work now.
Maybe you now need a account on Youtube to see the vid?
I watched for a while and great stories from a lot of rockers.
Real 'who's who' there.

Back