WFT is going on..... eBay

83Imp

Reaction score
I count no fewer than six 81-83 Imperials on eBay right now. Everyone must have gotten the summer 'clean out the garage' blues.

CMX360

Reaction score
Imperials are far more common on ebay than Cordobas or Miradas. Few were built but apparently just about all of them are still alive and kicking. Rich people take good care of their cars I guess.

My imp

Reaction score
Damn Skippy, plus with the thicker metal I keep hearing about them being built with, they seem to hold up better. Or maybe because they broke down so often, they weren't on the road as much! lol. Our gain. Their popularity is growing, look at the prices they're getting these days. With the mod.'s. that we're doing to these cars, there isn't much on the road that compares to an Imp. I've taken mine to Va. Beach twice, & wouldn't want to take anything else! I let my 22 yr old son-in-law drive it & he said how jealous he was! He drives a 2010 Cobalt SS w/turbo, & says there's no comparison. The ride, NHV, even the economy is better! My wife sums it up best,"you aren't riding in a car, you're riding in piece of furniture!"

My imp

Reaction score
Even my 2 yr. old Grand-Daughter knows best. She always goes out to the Imp & tries to open the door, setting off the alarm. Or, if the keys are mistakingly left within her reach, guaranteed she will use the remote starter & fire the Imp up. She & her Daddy want to get their hands on my car! Someday, maybe create another Mopar fan, & convert a Chevy fan.

WildCat

Reaction score
Had my 15,300 mile original Imperial out for the 1st time this year last weekend. They were so expensive, most were well cared for, but as stated many had run issues and parked early.

Mine has low miles because mom had a TC3 and loved it, the Imperial was her nice day car, garaged all its life, never driven in the snow and only in the rain 4 times according to dad before he passed and not once since I have had it.

Have a 67,000 mile parts car and sold a 31,000 mile twin to the 81 a few years ago. Bought a light blue white interior car with 60 some odd miles on it and drove for a summer then sold it.

What I want is the wall mount garage door opener. I left the one to my low mile car at a house I sold in 1994

ANYBODY GOT ONE?

There're less than 12,000 total built for the 3 model years, with 1981 being the most produced and the 83 less than 1,800 built that model year

blown79RR

Reaction score
there is one setting in my dads drive way cant remember if its an 83 or 81 pulled the factory injection off and installed holly projection lasted about 6 months and the engine lost a bearing ( my brother cleaned the sludge out of the lifter valley and let it go down the engine) put another engine in that was over 17 years ago and its never been list I messed with it the coil wire to the ballist smoked.

Back